Official Grateful Dead Thread

Worth it - yes, I think so.
But - IMHO - a lot of this stuff sounds very similar and I find the material from when they were constantly touring to be generally the best.

Without A Net

615TP8BCJRL._SX355_.jpg

Is it worth it?

From what I heard from the tour....

I didn't order anything from the tour and had intended to buy everything.

For $12? Yeah it's worth it. Would have been nice to hear Trey stretch out a bit more. I was at the July 4th show. Great time, but sound wasn't the best from the nose bleeds.

I enjoyed the heck out of Dead & Co. Had not seen a Dead offshoot since Jerry left the stage, but John Mayer is a fine guitarist and "gets" the Grateful Dead. Worth seeing.

The latest Dave's Picks is on its way to me, very psyched for that.
The original "In The Dark" issues in all formats were the worst sounding digital mastering in any format I'd ever heard, hard, harsh, unlistenable after one track.
I hope the reissues fixed that somehow.

Last edited:
Spinning Dylan/Dead rehersals. Haven't listened to these in a long long time. Fun, relaxed, and great tunes. Other than Dylan doing Dylan, Dead doing Dylan is as good as it gets. Deadmaaaaaan Deadman. When will you arrive?

I was at the Hamilton shows. Lots of buzz about Loose Lucy, Black Throated Wind, and the revivals Dark Star and Help>Slip>Franklins in Hampton. Good times for sure. How about the full Hey Jude and Believe It Or Not! Think I'll spin them this weekend.

Thanks for the post.

Back
Top Bottom