Oh Happy Days

glad to hear your 275 is up and running and are enjoying it.let me guess you have some genelex kt88's in it?post a pic if you can.id like to see this beast thats been restig for awhile :thmbsp:

Just proves that some speakers LIKE tube amps, Altec, Klipsh, and many of the older speakers, heck they were designed for the lower damping factor of a tube amp. Glad it came alive with a gentle start and without surgery.

I'll have the Boss bring home a digital camera and I'll take a few pictures of it for you. I didn't pay too much attention to the tubes other than I noticed one of the small ones has a shield on it. Does only one require a sheild?

Terry, thanks again for your help with it. My stereo cat wasn't impressed though. All the thumping woke her up and she stormed off in a huff :D

Only the first tube (12AX7) requires a shield, rest are high level stages and don't suffer from hum and noise pickup.

So I don't think moisture is a big issue.
Moisture isn't the issue with caps (to a point), temperature is. By 'rotten', I don't literally mean rotten, I mean bad, vented, leaky, etc...

But if it's working, and you don't hear anything horrid, then you're OK for now.

Back
Top Bottom