Ohhhh, the mystery!

View attachment 1141637

Not affiliated.

Fairly local to me in Fla. Asking $150.

I wonder what is in those speaker cabs....?
Don't know the make on the TT either...?

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/atq/d/1950s-mid-century-hi-fi/6520561346.html
I would take the chance for sure... not much risk I'm thinking... cabinet work and TT are quality period pieces... speakers would almost have to compliment. I'd drive a couple of hundred miles and simply enjoy the trip for a chance of a neat find.

I would take the chance for sure... not much risk I'm thinking... cabinet work and TT are quality period pieces... speakers would almost have to compliment. I'd drive a couple of hundred miles and simply enjoy the trip for a chance of a neat find.

Good choice. Not too many I think would go for it. Just to satisfy your curiousity is worth the trip. As already mentioned....barter it down, after you see the speakers.

Q

I'm thinking University Speakers....

Yea, that TT does look like it says something Phillips....could be Grommes. Never seen one of those. It all looks to be in nice shape too.

Normally, I'd jump on this....but trying to restrict my buying someway....

I'm thinking University Speakers....

Yea, that TT does look like it says something Phillips....could be Grommes. Never seen one of those. It all looks to be in nice shape too.

Normally, I'd jump on this....but trying to restrict my buying someway....

It does say Phillips but, the word before it looks to start with an "S" and not knowing all the brands I haven't a clue what it would be.

If you look reeeaaally hard at the left speaker, you can just make out what appears to be a 12" woofer outline, and a horn slot on top. Not to mention the very possible Scott 299 amp behind them doors! Lol

If you look reeeaaally hard at the left speaker, you can just make out what appears to be a 12" woofer outline, and a horn slot on top. Not to mention the very possible Scott 299 amp behind them doors! Lol
Could be a square port and a coaxial speaker as was common then. Is there anything besides wishful thinking that leads you to think it may be a Scott?

Rudedogg....its got a modern Sony amp of some sort in it....(see pics in ad)

I just dropped $600 on a bunch of gear I didn't need last week...and am pissed off at myself for doing so...

Could be a square port and a coaxial speaker as was common then. Is there anything besides wishful thinking that leads you to think it may be a Scott?
Could be a port. I'd bet the cab is prepped for different configurations tho, I have a set of Heathkit cabs that have coaxial Jensen 12" drivers in them, but can take a 15" and horns as well.... Slots are there but blocked off. The Scott was just wishful thinking, but there has to be some kind of amp in there to make them speakers sing! BTW, i took a chance Saturday on a pic of a speaker cab at an estate sale near you....did not recognize the cabinet, price was $75... Turned out to be a HeathKit H1-C, better known as an Altec Legato!!! Lol

Rudedogg....its got a modern Sony amp of some sort in it....(see pics in ad)

:music: Which of these things is not like the others? Which of these things just doesn't belong? :music:

That ad makes me sad because I look at it and think somebody may have thrown out "that tired old broken" Scott, or Mac, or Leak, or...

Back
Top Bottom