1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Ohm Model 1 - Value?

Discussion in 'Dollars and Sense' started by Ross6860, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Speedbump71

Speedbump71 Buried in speakers Subscriber

I can jump in (The pic Harvestor posted that wasn't his happens to be mine ;)

I have listened to/restored many many sets of speakers, and the Model I's are the ones that have stayed in my main rig these last few years. They displaced my Klipsch collection, which was rotating sets of Chorus I's. Chorus II's and Forte II's. The I's make great bass, and the top firing drivers really make for a wide soundstage. The front firing tweeter helps them image, even with the odd top mounted drivers.

I'm working on procuring another set for my wife, as they are her favorite set out of the many available to her, and she wants them for her system.

Good stuff.

Harvestor likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. colohiker

colohiker Well-Known Member

3. nolasally

nolasally AK Subscriber Subscriber

Nope. Still confused. There is a walsh 1. But still no model 1. Only a model I (eye).

4. Ds2000

Ds2000 All About every cool stereo component. Subscriber

Those Thiel 3.6’s would be amazing if you can still get them. It’s a whole different type of listening.