Ohm Model B+ Speaker Pics

GordonW

Speakerfixer
Subscriber
Couple of people were asking for pictures of the Ohm B+ speaker... apparently, the B is well-known, but the successor, the B+, is less well documented.

So, I finally got around to taking a couple shots of my B+'s... I also forwarded a picture to John Stroheem (sp?) of Ohm America, with a note that they had permission to use it on the Ohm website, if they wished.

Here's the front:

... and the rear. On these, note that the only difference between a B and a B+, is the addition of the cone tweeter, which was used between the woofer and the dome... which according to Ohm, vastly improved the durability of the speaker with respect to tweeter lifespan.

According to John Strohbeen, President of OHM, the B+ was created by adding a mid range driver and a re-engineered crossover to the model B. They were having warranty issues with people blowing the tweeters by obviously cranking the volume too high or using them with very high power amps. According to John the addition of the mid did not improve the sound but simply avoided a lot of problems and allowed for higher volumes and higher current amplifiers. The B+ is much more common than the B of which only a few hundred were sold prior to the B+ coming in.

The pictures were lost in a server upgrade some time ago. I no longer have the computer that I uploaded them from, either.

Unless someone at Ohm has that picture, it may simply just not exist anymore.

Regards,
Gordon.

The pictures were lost in a server upgrade some time ago. I no longer have the computer that I uploaded them from, either.

Unless someone at Ohm has that picture, it may simply just not exist anymore.

Regards,
Gordon.

i didnt see this thread was from 2005 just the reply from today, i love ohm speakers though

it seems that Ohm Acoustics doesn't want anyone to see the pics of a naked speaker that they are now producing. for the price of their big ones, you should be able to view them to get a feel for the design.

does ANYBODY know of pics that can be viewed online?

Back
Top Bottom