Ohm Model F ....

Infinity nutcase.
Recently heard some ohm speakers and was very impressed. This pair has those strange deals on top and are complete.

Being an infinity speaker guy, 2.5 and 4.5’s in the house, are these the Original type that the arguments are about and would they be worthy of fixing if they need work ?

FWIW they are very dusty but look complete.

Thanks for any input, the model I recently heard I believe is the 4.2,

If it makes any difference the serial number is 6394.

Last edited:
Well now that I’m awake and having a coffee, taking a closer look there’s THAT one picture :(. I can clearly see the foam is toast, actually missing and the cone deal has splits or ripping sections.

I don’t think I can ask anymore questions without this becoming a dollars and sense thing.

Any mods here that could move this for me rather than lock it or remove it.

Am I missing something, did you post a link or a pic somewhere?

I'd like to see the 'strange thing on the top'. I think there's a big difference between an F and a 4 (or 4.2). The F has the original Walsh driver, exposed titanium/aluminum/paper cone, and the driver is roughly 18" tall. The 4 has a much shorter driver, separate tweeter, and it's all contained in a 'can'.

The fact that you can see some damage to the foam and cone indicates that they might be original F's, but I don't think the F's were ever known as 4.2's. Or are you saying you heard 4.2's but are looking at something else?

Original F drivers can be serviced, but actual shops that can service them properly are few and far between, and for the DIY person they're a *lot* more complex than traditional cone drivers. But they are absolutely worth the effort.

I also own 2.5's (jealous of your 4.5's!) and F's. Both are equally fantastic in their own way.

bs

To continue what bs said, BS says the original F cone does have slits in it by design. The thing on top for an F, it is an upside down driver so the magnet structure would be on top.

Roll on over to the Ohm website and look up the models you might have seen to learn more. Then ask some questions and someone will drop in with the answers.

Thanks mod for moving for me. No I haven’t linked any pictures. I really don’t know much about these other than really liking the pair I heard. These are the original F with the magnet structure on top as you describe it bshorey.

For what I’ve read there’s a company in Florida that fixes them. My question is has anyone here used them or any other company for that matter and what the cost are involved ? That I can’t seem to find.

I think I may have a go with these regardless if the price doesn’t go out of control.

Back
Top Bottom