OHM MODEL I $150 (Naperville IL)

Ghonk

GREG
NOT MINE

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/ele/d/vintage-ohm-model/6311606477.html

00707_aHAQbl0QVoR_1200x900.jpg

Good Luck satellite!! I responded early to the listing and haven't heard back so there's a good chance he's waiting on you. Don't blow it!! lol. Such a great price for such rare speakers I hope you get em. I waffled a bit before responding they might be a bit much for my equipment and I have way way too many large speaker sets already. Common sense prevailed and I made a play on them haha! When you get them post away so we can live vicariously through your good fortune.

SCROE!
Picked them up a few hours ago.
Dropped them off at home so they wouldn't have to sit in the hot car all afternoon.
Can't wait to hook them up and give them a listen. Top grills need a good cleaning, but overall in excellent condition. Everything seems original.

Seller didn't ask for more than the original $150 but I gave him more...

IMG_20170921_142134669.jpg
Here they are in front of my current favorite EPI 350's and extra set of EPI 400's. Note that the 350's also have some top facing drivers.

Big thank you to Ghonk for posting this!!!!

Welcome to the Ohm I owners club. These are really something. I sold my main speakers of 15 years when I got my set of I's. They are just really good to my ears. Enjoy them and congrats. That was a hell of a deal.

Big thank you to Ghonk for posting this!!!!

You're welcome,very happy a forum member was able to get them.

I finally got a chance to give them a quick audition tonight. Everything seems ok except one low tweeter is out.
I'll have to dig inside this weekend to sort that out. Hopefully just the EQ switch.
Even without it, they sound great. They shake the floor like none of my EPI's can (except maybe my 1000's, but those are sitting on concrete. I've never heard them on wood floors.)
That was with a Pioneer SX-1050. I think I will try pairing these with my newly acquired SAE Mark IIIC, which I haven't even plugged in yet.

I didn't get a chance to try them yesterday because my hands slipped while standing one up, and it slammed down on my big toe and part of my foot (bare foot on hardwood floor).
My foot still looks terrible, but the pain is fading away. I think I got by without breaking anything...

I will start a new thread in the Speakers forum, and stop posting here.

Back
Top Bottom