OK Girls and Guys I understand azuimuth!

stuwee

I just got a LUXMAM K-112 Cassette rig and it play's my MA-XG90's more than fine:thmbsp: This unit was found in a dumpster behind a repair shop here in Tucson by a tech, I'm trying to understand the flip tape one sides sounds fine , then the other sounds like kaka!!:no: I've tryed to push the cassette door around to get the sound right to no sonic satisfaction:thumbsdn: Is there a trick?:scratch2:

peace Craig
:music: Go :smoke: at Daytona!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Describe the sound a bit more definitively. Head alignment manifests itself in a loss of highs first. It that what you hear? Or is there something else?

Enjoy,
Rich P

I can't believe you actually own MA-XG's. They were the tape that I lusted after in high school when they were $20 nowadays they are probably worth a mint.

Hi

maybe there was a cause for dumping it...

is it a 3-head-deck?

btw - pushing the door is not an adjustment...

is the Tape you playback recorded with the this tape deck in this adjustment status?
in case this deck is adjusted correct now, clean and no head defect:

if tape recorded with another deck this may have been adjusted different...
if tape recorded with this deck before adjustment this may be the cause..

record a tape now and check again.

Helge

The flipover method is commonly used for reversing cassette decks. There are two azimuth alignment screws, one for forward play, the other for reverse play. Though there is often a small amount of "drift" over the long term, it is usually not sufficient to make the set sound "like kaka" in reverse play.

Sometimes, the flipover system has a defect. The latching spring may be loose or missing. The bearing may be sticky.

In many cases, there are tape guides on both sides of the head, and these may be bent or broken -- a common problem, for example, on later-generation Sonys. In other instances, the reverse play pinch roller may be deteriorating or have a sticky arm bearing -- a problem which plagued the Nakamichi 580 and 582.

Fred Longworth

Even'n

pustelniakr said:
Describe the sound a bit more definitively. Head alignment manifests itself in a loss of highs first. It that what you hear? Or is there something else?

Enjoy,
Rich P
Well I have to say that yes there is a rolloff of the highs sometimes on one side then I flip it over and the most amazing sound only on the MA-XG's so close to the original sound of the MO-fi's on LP that they were recorded on:yes:

Back
Top Bottom