Ok I blew it live and learn

tommyd111

:dunno:

Okay I blew it by buying a plasticky Sansui Classique A-550 and a matching tuner with a Sansui casstte deck on ebay. It hasn't arrived yet. But it has to be better than my Old Technics SA 303 which worked well for over 20 years.

From reading in this forum etc, I now know what to buy.

Semper HiFi

Sansui all the way!

Don't worry, it happens. I bid and won on a unit with similar model numbers to a good unit figuring that it had to be in the same model; series. Well, it had no pic and it wasn't until the bid was over that I realized that I had actaully won a crappy 80's version with tiny knobs and teeny power supply. And I paid 40 bucks plus shipping, yuck. Oh, well, a good friend has it in his garage and loves it so it worked out. Besides, crappy units make good door stops, shelf feet and other usefull things :D

dont knock it quite yet you might like it and thats all that truly matters.before you know it youll find yourself buying and trying out different gear and then youll land up like most of us addicted to vintage gear running out of room to store it etc..
by the way i see your new to ak so welcome and i hope you enjoy the site.there are an incredible amount of knowledgable and friendly people who can discuss anything from antique radios to vintage televison.once again welcome
chris

Lol I built my speakers over 20 years ago. They will handle 50 watts rms. Im afraid of clipping them with this unit as I cannot find any watts per channel data on the amp. guess I won't crank her up

:smsex:

Hey I got the plasticky thing today. Hooked it up. It sounds decent so I cant complain: I listened to Electric Ladyland and, Abraxas and the sound was clean and it handled the stereo separation better than I thought it would.

Keep laughing ... it makes people wonder what you are up
to.
:)

Back
Top Bottom