OK Iam An Idiot. IPOD Questions

Mister Pig

Pigamus Maximus
All right, I just acquired a new used IPOD. Latest generation I believe, 30G unit. My wife has a shuffle that I downloaded music onto. The kids have some RCA MP3 players which I figuired out. But this unit is giving me a couple of curve balls.

First of all, my music is saved in I-Tunes in uncompressed WAv files. I would like to have them stored on the IPOD is apple lossless. So I build a playlist and have to convert eachcut to lossless one click at a time. Is there a faster way to do this?

Second one. I usually clear my playlist once its transferred to the IPOD. Well when I put new tracks on the playlist and synch the IPOD to Itunes for the download, it ends up erasing the previous music. I have to leave the previous trcks in the playlist. Is that the way its supposed to be? Wasnt that way on my wife's Shuffle.

Finally, is there a way to devote more hard drive space to music and less to video? I dont think I will be using the video option for much of anything.

Sure I know these ar basic questions. Just trying to get the hang of the thing.

Regards
Mister Pig

So I build a playlist and have to convert eachcut to lossless one click at a time. Is there a faster way to do this?
Just select all the tracks and then choose the convert function. iTunes will ask you if want to edit them all at once, tell it YES. Done.

Back
Top Bottom