Ok my fellow Floridian`s, how about checking in to let us know how your doing

God Bless and Good Luck to all affected. This looks to be a big, nasty, ugly one--even for those that have become accustomed to this sort of event--not to even factor in that Jose is right on her heels. Stay safe all!!! Stuff is just stuff--loved ones are loved ones, and can't be replaced--again, take care all.

Last edited:
God Bless and Good Luck to all affected. This looks to be a big, nasty, ugly one--even for those that have become accustomed to this sort of event--not to even factor in that Jose is right on her heels. Stay safe all!!! Stuff is just stuff--loved ones are loved ones, and can't be replaced--again, take care all.

Thanks savatage1973, some of us will need some luck, I`m sure..
And my "hatches" (storm shutters/panels) are staying up incase Mr. Jose wants to play too !!

Still have outside power & of course internet for now, but it`s still early yet to see how much Irma`s "PMS" factor will be..

I have 4 drain boxes in my back yard, but there looks to be about 2" of standing water, and if I could, I could have a lot of fun skim boarding & 40 years in the past might would have even tried to !!

Still playing all my lossless Wave flash drive music plugged into my OPPO 103 in shuffle mode that`s feeding 4 different background systems in the house, with only needing to turn them up a bit to compete with the rain & wind noise for better S/N improvement..

When we lose power and my whole house capable 25kw standby gen set kicks in I will have to turn up some of those nearest the gen set to help mask the generator`s background noise, just like last year`s Mathew required..

I admit I`m a creature of comfort, and started tweaking and improving my house and it`s infrastructure systems back in 1990 and I`m glad that I have to a great extent, especially times of duress, like hurricanes.. Mercy Sakes Alive !!

Got to have my tunes, you know.. ;)

Regards, OKB

Last edited:
Getting ready to hit the fan here, the eye looks to be going right over my casa. The winds will be very high for about 12 hours, maybe up to 100mph+. It's a very slow moving storm Got the flashlights charged and I'm ready as I'll ever be. Gonna be a long night.

Getting ready to hit the fan here, the eye looks to be going right over my casa. The winds will be very high for about 12 hours, maybe up to 100mph+. It's a very slow moving storm Got the flashlights charged and I'm ready as I'll ever be. Gonna be a long night.

Hang in there Bro, that Bitch`s PMS effects are better !!
But she can still be a un-social able Wench if she desires !!

I checked in with MannyE, who is in Florida. He's fine as of this morning.

Good thread.

Thanks Tim.. I was hoping MannyE would check in, if he could, because I read yesterday or Friday that he was not far from the water and intended to bail, and I don`t blame him one bit living in Miami..

Glad to hear about the ones safe, hope the others are as well..

When everything is normal, no bad weather, quakes, floods etc we like to think this old earth is as solid as a rock that rides like a Cadillac, but we know that is not the case. We are reminded in these times of crisis just what a wild ride it can be here!

Glad to hear about the ones safe, hope the others are as well..

When everything is normal, no bad weather, quakes, floods etc we like to think this old earth is as solid as a rock that rides like a Cadillac, but we know that is not the case. We are reminded in these times of crisis just what a wild ride it can be here!

Thanks for your insight, kind support & concern Alobar Sir.

Kind regards, Sir; OKB

All is well here at the school shelter here in Brooksville. They are even feeding everyone. Cindy gets the big air mattress and I get the swimming pool air mattress. I'm right by the outlet on the east side and I get to meet everyone charging their phones. Irma looks like it is breaking itself up South of Tampa. It is Cat 2 now. We will make it fine.

Everything is good here in St Augustine so far. Just a bunch of wind and rain. Lots of tornado ( and sharknado) warnings.

I boarded up the windows back when they expected Irma to ride up the east coast of Florida. We were planning on leaving, but when the storm changed course, we decided to stay.

They say the worst for us will be tonight and tomorrow morning. I have my Altecs ready to be used as rafts if need be:)

Luckily for me, my house is a bit higher than the surrounding area. We are close to the intracoastal. Tornadoes are my biggest fear at this point.

Good luck fellow Floridians, and all the folks in surrounding states where Irma will hit next.

All is well here at the school shelter here in Brooksville. They are even feeding everyone. Cindy gets the big air mattress and I get the swimming pool air mattress. I'm right by the outlet on the east side and I get to meet everyone charging their phones. Irma looks like it is breaking itself up South of Tampa. It is Cat 2 now. We will make it fine.

Its good to hear you guys found shelter. My dad said they evacuated his neighborhood (Camper's Holiday). Luckily he is out of state right now.

It was unexpected that the west coast of Florida would get hit. They had been telling us on the east coast how screwed we were for the past week.

I remember back when I lived in Brooksville, the storms of 2004. I lived out off of Lake Lindsey Rd, and lost power for a week. There were tons of trees down, and I had to find different routes to get into town. My mom lived in Candlelight, and had city water. I had to go over there and take cold showers. Lol.

Hope your house survived with no damage:)

Back
Top Bottom