OK--This Is Just Stooopid Cold...

We actually managed to make it above 0F yesterday (briefly) and then it has warmed up overnight to a balmy +8F--wind is finally dropping off, too--, and by Mon afternoon we are supposed to hit 61-62F--that is really stooopid--80 degree temp change in less than a week!!!

Does anyone watch the Weather channel anymore? I haven't.
I do when I can and want details. When I can't and want details, I check their website.
It's their business to cover weather issues, why wouldn't I check them out?

I left Michigan right before the cold snap and it was 65 degrees when I got back home. I know, it's a hard life.

Well, it got to the point where whenever I turned to them I didn’t get weather maps and such . I saw docs. And commercials .

Well, it got to the point where whenever I turned to them I didn’t get weather maps and such . I saw docs. And commercials .
The website is probably better then. I haven't seen WC on cable in a while as I'm strictly ota with two channels I watch.

I haven't seen WC on cable in a while...

Yeah it's changed a lot, more like the weather documentary channel. I stopped watching when they dropped local weather on the 8s, so it's been awhile since I've watched.

I agree. It's just too freaking cold. Just yesterday we were just off the coast of Islamorada and I had to add weight to my lure because the tarpon were down low and all we were catching was sharks. ::runs away laughing::

I agree. It's just too freaking cold. Just yesterday we were just off the coast of Islamorada and I had to add weight to my lure because the tarpon were down low and all we were catching was sharks. ::runs away laughing::

Just keep laughing. Keep laughing when find out your address as show up at your door when they call for the next Polar Vortex :p

Don't worry--there's a hurricane on its way with your name all over it ;)

Warmed up to -19 to -20C or -1 or -2 F on Thurs & Fri so felt balmy! Back to the cold this weekend and will last a week before it get's back to hopefully -18C/0F or so! Waiting for March!

Back to the cold this week with low's in the mid -30C to -38 or low to mid -30's in F.

Hit -41.0 C/F (8AM) where I am with a 3 KM /2 mph wind so -45 with that.

Still supposed to warm up as mentioned above on Sun. the 10th & it's now sunny here this time of year so it warms up 10-15 during the day!

Again this morning -41C/F (no wind) , but it warmed up to -22-23C or -10F this aft. with a light breeze so -30C or so with the wind chill.

45 degrees @ 10:30 this AM, aside from the mid 60's a couple days ago it's been in the 40's. Despite what the groundhog says, I think Mother Nature's setting us up for the big whammy.

Just finished shovelling out from under a nuisance 8" snow fall over the past couple days. Tonight we're back into the freezer again with temps dipping down to -14°F (w/o windchill).

One good thing about these cold temps:

20190208_170108_HDR.jpg

at least these don't get warm on ya' while your outside. :bigok:

The temp has dropped more than 20 degrees (F), since I got up this morning at 5 am..

Pffft.

Here in lucky ol' Kentucky, yesterday it hit 73 degrees.

This morning, when I left for work, it was 25.

I've never seen swings like this. They are becoming far too frequent.

Back
Top Bottom