OKKI NOKKI - Large thin debris in drained fluid

monkboughtlunch

When I drain the used Okki Nokki fluid, I'm seeing large thin pieces of debris. See photo below. Anyone else experienced this and any idea what causes this? I've had the unit for a few years and never noticed this issue before.

IMG_9994.jpg

Seriously, something is growing in there. I'd say get some bleach in the tank, but others may have better suggestions.

I have my shower curtain liner soaking in a bucket of CLR [calcium, lime, rust] cleaner. The bottom of the white liner is brown from the shit in our NYC water.
My beige toilet has streaks that I cannot remove.
Until I put a filter before my reverse-osmosis filter that resides under the kitchen sink, the carbon canisters would completely clog every two weeks.
Iron in excess is a brain toxin. It is also toxic to my Rainbow Lorikeet who can easily die from an excessive build-up of iron in his blood.
I drink only filtered water, as do my birds and dogs.
So, I wonder what is in your water.

If you don't drain your tank right after, even a few days you will get that kind of build up in it.

Mine is more goopy though, but some scale is there too.

nashou

Yes, it's the residue left after previous cleaning when the water evaporates, thats the dirt that was on the vinyl.
Really shows how much gunk is on the record. Thats why wiping or brushing is not enough.
I have a clearaudio wet/vacuum machine. After two or three cleaning sessions I pour fresh water into the opening where the vacuum arm sits and drain the tank to prevent that scum drying out in there.

Back
Top Bottom