Old marantz new RF-7 KLIPSCH

turbobusa65

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all! I have a solid state marantz 2275 from the mid 70's and is 8 ohms, and I just bought a new set of RF-7 klipsch speakers also 8 ohms. My reciver is rated at 75 watt's r.m.s "under rated from what I read" And some say my unit will push them just fine, others say these speakers "that when tested, will sometimes dip down to a little under 3 ohms" will be hard on my marantz. What do you think? I have an extra 4 or 5 hundred that I could possibly scrape up to throw in the mix, should I have to add an amp or a powered sub. Thank's in advance for any replys!!!

I don't think your Marantz will have any problem with the Klipsch. I'm pretty sure the Marantz is rated at 4 ohms. How do they sound to you? That is what is important.

I have the lowly RF-3II's and I can say that you will certainly not need a subwoofer. The Marantz should do fine as well.

I heard some RF-7s locally and I can say without a doubt, you'd be nuts to get a sub, the bass from them is incredible.

And yes, that 2275 will make them sing reliably.

Thank you all for the great feedback everyone!!!!! I did not hear them yet. I won them on ebay, they were brand new in the box's from a klipsch dealer with the five yr. warranty. $1183.00 to my door! and they shipped out the day after christmas and should be here tuesday! Can't wait!!

I play with the RF-7 aswell (slightly modified)

These are real easy to drive with any amp.

I hooked up every Marantz i have, from a 1030 to a 510 :D :smoke:

Thank's alot! I cant wait for my 7's to come in, I imagin the holiday's are not helping u.p.s get,um here any quicker!!

WOW!!!! I'm blown away!!!! vandenberg and malmsteen, back to back at head spliting volume!!!!! clear as a bell!!! these RF-7's kick ass!!! wow!!

Now!! another pair of rf-7's, a couple more amps, rf sub's and that should do it!!!! do I need it, hell no!!! but I did'nt need to turbocharge my already "way to fast" suzuki hayabusa either!!!:screwy:

I'm not sure how much a set of RF7's are on the used market but I'l bet it is close or over the cost of a set of Cornwalls. You should check a pair out. You may change your mind on the others.

10-4 my brother! I have been looking at a nice set of la scalla's on ebay, would really like to hear some k-horns, wife's gonna s--- a brick!!!!but man I got it baad!! P.S. BRAND NEW W/WARANTY "RSW-10 SUB" COMMING $499.00 TO MY DOOR, IT SHIPED OUT TODAY!!!

I don't have much experience with the LaSacala's. Some say the low end extension is lacking. If you really want to bring down the house Altec Model 19's are said to be real housewreckers as are some of the other "big" Altecs. Enjoy your addiction.

After ordering the sub today, and another vintage marantz amp a couple of day's ago, I gotta lay back for a little bit. Till I can create another diversion, a smoke screen if you will......Then WHAM!!! She won't know what hit her!!LOL!!!

Back
Top Bottom