Old Race Cars

I've been a long time fan of the REVs digital library. It's a co-op project from the REVs Institute and Stanford University.

The Revs Digital Library

The BROWSE and SEARCH links take you to a powerful search tool. You can search by year, event, marque, venue, people, etc.

There`s an amazing amount of old race car history there. Back in the mid-`80s, my wife and I were on vacation in Newport Beach, California, and got a chance to tour the museum when it was still owned by Briggs Cunningham, shortly before it closed.
I actually touched the Chrysler Hemi-powered Cunningham C3 which is now owned by Jay Leno !

Great looking cars, works of art. A lot like the old clipper ships, technology passed them by quite a while ago, but still something about them.

Check out the SVRA schedule to see if there's an upcoming race near you. You'll see cars like these doing what they were meant to do.
https://svra.com/news/svra-announces-2018-schedule/
Spent last weekend at MidOhio Sports Car watching them. Another interesting event is up at Put-in-Bay on Lake Erie at the end of summer. More of a hike from CA and WA, of course. But out there, there's less weather dependency in the schedule.

Check out the SVRA schedule to see if there's an upcoming race near you. You'll see cars like these doing what they were meant to do.
https://svra.com/news/svra-announces-2018-schedule/
Spent last weekend at MidOhio Sports Car watching them. Another interesting event is up at Put-in-Bay on Lake Erie at the end of summer. More of a hike from CA and WA, of course. But out there, there's less weather dependency in the schedule.

I was at Pacific Raceways (WA) yesterday for a SOVERN race, the weather didn't cooperate but the rain didn't keep everyone off the track (although it did help some off)

A happy Sprite in the lead
DSCF3109.jpg

DSCF3138.jpg

DSCF3081.jpg

DSCF3158.jpg

P1010471_2.jpg

Last edited:
Another interesting event is up at Put-in-Bay on Lake Erie at the end of summer

A few friends of mine are running at PIB. They'll have, last we spoke, a Lotus Eleven, Lotus 23, Maserati 150S, and a FIAT 850 Spider on track. A Porsche 962 will also be on static display.

Brings back the 50's for me. My dad raced SCCA back then. My parents have a pic of me riding behind the front seats in their TD.

Back
Top Bottom