Old school Peavey forever!!

Davidmorton

Hi y'all!! As a 50+ year old audio freak....I love the vintage stuff from Peavey....(or anything else from the 70's... JBL, electrovoice, etc.) I still have a pair of Peavey sp 1 folded horn transducers. After 40 years of abuse, I replaced all the drivers with new woofers, crossovers, and tweeters. Upgraded from the original 150 watts power handling to 300! I also still have a Peavey powered mixer ( pa 700 I think) and this setup will rival the qsc 1200 USA amplifier with newer speakers. Is it me, or does 150 watts of old school transistor power sound better than 400 watts of intergrated circuit power pushed thru plastic speakers?? Comments anyone??

I've got one of these. It has panache.

P1020121.jpg

Im a total power head aswell. one of many thing in the back of my head in the "id like to have" list would be the CS 800. believe this version i want is from the 70's. over 50 pounds and like 400WPC or so. gotta love some massive iron core transformers and pure class AB output stages sometimes.
jwfczhcs7hml627ye9ye.jpg

AT LAST!
Someone else who appreciates the old Peaveys.
I have SP-1's, too. Very few audiophiles have any idea how much they have in common with Klipsch La Scalas.
Rock On!

Used to have a full peavey pa system with my band. Two power amps, mixing board, big speakers. That thing was loud AF. We made some good noise with it.

Im a total power head aswell. one of many thing in the back of my head in the "id like to have" list would be the CS 800. believe this version i want is from the 70's. over 50 pounds and like 400WPC or so. gotta love some massive iron core transformers and pure class AB output stages sometimes.
jwfczhcs7hml627ye9ye.jpg
Probably needs new Electrolitic Capcitiors. Get a tech to do Golden Nichicons and you are all set for another 40 years.

AT LAST!
Someone else who appreciates the old Peaveys.
I have SP-1's, too. Very few audiophiles have any idea how much they have in common with Klipsch La Scalas.
Rock On!
Been saying this for 20 years. I still have a pair.

Back
Top Bottom