Old SLR Cameras Value?

I am use to manual focus from my past days at collage film class with a Nikon F? and a Hasselblad, (of coarse that was 40 years ago). I will be back with the inventory soon. Thanks again

I think my most expensive adapter was less than $50. The TAP adapter which uses Leica M mounts is pricey, $350? if I recall, but it got me auto focus for my manual lenses.
Take a look at Fotodiox adapters. Not pricey and work.

As regards adaptors, I'm a big fan of the Metabones ones. A bit more expensive, but high quality. I use them with my Sony A7ii.

Ok, did the inventory on the lens on the Olympus's;

(1) 135mm F2.8 Olympus
(2) 50mm F1.4 Olympus
(1) 28-85mm F3.5-4.5 Quantaray

Also here is a picture of really cool Pentax Kit.

View media item 14801
There is also other smaller Pentax kit and some extra lens;

(1) telephoto 50mm
(1) telephoto 70mm
(1) zoom 20-40mm

Old Dad must of liked the Auto 110's.

That Pentax kit is nice looking. Keep it together.
I'd look for a Sony mirrorless camera on C-list and get an adapter for those Oly's if I were you.
Digital is more 'fun' than film, at least for me.

If you look at some of the newer models you'll get In Body Image Stabilization (IBIS) which for me is worth it.
Check out what is for sale over at:

https://www.talkemount.com/

in the for sale section. Lots of guys are looking to trade up to the latest and greatest so are willing to deal.

IBIS means you can mount a manual lens and it will work, just dial in the focal length.

every year there's a new set of cameras with more pixels, HDR, focus peaking 1080P
recording at various frame rates, etc. and then the rumored (though likely to be very true)
about the mirrorless full/APS/half/quarter frame cameras from the (expensive) dinosaurs
like Canon, Nikon, and others with dozens of "lesser" to prevent impact to their
high-profit lines.

you have essentially two choices, a less expensive brand ( a $600 Olympus for example
versus a $2K Sony or a 5K Leica) or a used camera from a slightly previous generation.

that 1-4K savings buys a lot of lenses, filters, accessories. including manual lenses. and
you don't get schadenfreude when that next gen comes out, cheaper with more features.

my first was a Panasonic L1 - cheap because of one scratch. used phase detection and
using a manual lens you could get a green light for in focus pictures. then it was an Olympus
PL1, then a PM1, now a PL5. total for all was under $500, close to 0 since I sold most
of them. the lenses used $5-10 adapters and had Tomiokas, Canon 1.2s, .75x adapters,
and a 1000mm with a 2x converter and the only way you could use was with IBIS
even on a tripod.

not pushing any brand (have had a Panasonic GF1 also), but to me, jumping in and
spending a couple grand leaves little leeway, going cheap (aka inexpensive) means
lots of wiggle room.

I totally agree with you Bob. I'd much rather spend money on glass than the latest body, but, that being said, the new A7iii is really pulling at my wallet right now as it does a lot of things better than my A7ii, one of which is its silent shutter. That won't wake my new granddaughter when I try to catch a pic of her napping.

I recently upgraded from the A7II, the eye auto focus in AFC is unbelievable, the battery life is much improved, overall auto focus is leaps ahead, and the silent shutter is really nice. Not that you didn't already know that, just thought you might like to know that many people in the same boat.

I'm not sure. I think they started with the A6500 but it could have been sooner. The A7ii has it. I think it might have been the first to get it.
I recommend googling it to find out more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom