Old vs New Mcintosh MR-78 or TM-2

Rkb1955

I have an opportunity to purchase either of these 2 FM Tuners for my Mcintosh MA-6600. Wondering what your opinions are on these 2. Thanks. Bob

MR 78 if DX is important to you and you need the selectivity between close stations, MR 74 if sound quality is more important. MR 71 if you want a tube tuner. I'd buy the MR 78 of your two choices, for many the best McIntosh SS tuner built.

I have an opportunity to purchase either of these 2 FM Tuners for my Mcintosh MA-6600. Wondering what your opinions are on these 2. Thanks. Bob
I know nothing about the MA6600 but I will take a guess and assume it has wireless remote. Therefore you would likely be able to change stations remotely with the TM-2 installed. Therefore, it depends on how lazy you are, how often you change stations or how close you are to your favorite stations.

I think the TM-2 will be just fine. It'll make life a lot simpler and you'll have remote control of tuner functions as jlovda points out. I believe the module has to be professionally installed however.

Back
Top Bottom