Older Pioneer "Reverb" amps???

nebfan

I was wondering what effect do these baby's have on sound staging....I must also say that I generally only listen to cd's. :yikes: I have the SA 8500 in my system and it does feature a "reverb" setting. Thing is, I only really notice any difference/improvement in sound when listening to live stuff, usally older recordings.....John Mayall is a good example(Room to move, ect..) Anyone out there have anything to share....

I imagine it's a spring reverb (I have one of those pioneer standalone reverbs with the "Time Tunnel" display)... a pretty low-fi conceit if there ever was one. Brrranngggggggg....

My apologies if there's an analog bucket-brigade on the receivers and I am all wet by lumping the receivers with the standalone "processor" :)

I run an SR-303, adds alot of depth if tweaked in right, very easy to overdo it. My Lexicon also has some reverb settings, like "Small Club, and Cathedral" that are enjoyable with some music sources, and just terrible with others. But, I'm a sucker for signal processors.

Back
Top Bottom