OMG.....fingers crossed.

Discussion in 'Infinity Loudspeakers' started by 7.62, Feb 3, 2017.

1. 7.62

7.62 Gearhead Subscriber

I made an offer on some QLS-1 speakers. Fingers crossed

My guts are soooooo twisted right now.

chef free, Dave_1962 and Infinity! like this.
  2. okeeteekid

okeeteekid Well-Known Member

Good luck!

3. goodolpg

goodolpg AK Member Subscriber

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

4. jazzmans

jazzmans Super Member

Ooh Ooh Ooh! I wanna hear em!

good luck!

sure wish a pair of Okeeteekids avatar would show up here. . .

5. slimpikkins

slimpikkins Super Member

They are a lot of work to get working properly but well worth the effort. Hope you get them.

6. Mitkraft

Mitkraft AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'd tell you good luck but there is no use now. You posted about it. That's like saying your birthday with out loud. LOL! Seriously, good luck.

7. 7.62

7.62 Gearhead Subscriber

Damn....Damn...Damn. I got the call and the seller came back with a higher number. I asked if we could meet in the middle. But they've just come up for sale.

There's some provenance with this pair, according to the consigner the owner had something to do with the crossover design with Infinty, or some sort of modification. As a result Infinity sent him a letter stating if they could use this mod. He would get the QLS-1's for free. And there's a letter stating this.

I really want to talk numbers with you guys here and see what you think, is it OK with the moderators to open up?????

I really could use some advice right now.

These will be an end all for me, I'm not going to sleep. As for condition this pair is fantastic. You can see them on Craigslist if you search Las Vegas electronics. They are in Lake Havasu.

And of course if this happens, Jazzman's you'd be welcome anytime. But in exchange I want to hear those Kappa 8.1's.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  8. 7.62

7.62 Gearhead Subscriber

I'm rushing to get ready for work, slimpikkins, thank you for that message. That was my offer, they came back with 2. I asked to meet in the middle. I'm not sure if I should pony up or wait for a few.

9. Infinity!

Infinity! Active Member

They do look to be in great shape! Just an fyi, I don't believe the mid-bass coupler is original (someone please correct me if I am wrong). How much are they wanting for them? QLS.jpg

10. okeeteekid

I remember infinity's car audio drivers being that green color in the 90's? maybe that is part of the upgrade. h108502CSd.jpg

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  11. jazzmans

jazzmans Super Member

You're welcome anytime dave,

I can't find the craigslist ad, my google-fu is weak

12. Dave_1962

Dave_1962 Lunatic Member

We're all pulling for you 7.62_accept the offer__accept the offer__accept the__:D

13. 7.62

7.62 Gearhead Subscriber

I'm heading out Monday morning, we'll see what happens. Thanks you guys.

14. slimpikkins

slimpikkins Super Member

You could post in dollars and sense. Many more users visit there than on this forum. You may draw attention to the add though. Also add up the selling value of the drivers on a eBay assuming they all work. An advanced "sold" search may give you the value from the sellers point of view as I'm sure he would have done that to get his ball park value. Btw make sure they all work put your ear up to each one. The QLS can have a few domes and tweeters out and still sound very good.

Wow, Okeeteekid you were all over that driver. Looks like it was a clean mod not making the hole bigger so putting the original back in would be possible.
    Jim

15. goodolpg

goodolpg AK Member Subscriber

That does not look like an original mid bass coupler.

16. MarZutra

MarZutra Super Member

A potential major kudos to you. Fingers crossed for you. Remember, you're not buying a Rembrant painting but a pair of speakers. These are the original mids:
    [​IMG]

17. slimpikkins

slimpikkins Super Member

Original mid bass coupler is the easiest and cheapest driver to find for the QLS. Probably several on eBay right now.

chef free likes this.
  18. okeeteekid

slimpikkins Is that driver that rare/hard to find? the new green colored one might sound better than the original.

19. 7.62

7.62 Gearhead Subscriber

You guys are spot on and I picked that up right away, the midbass couplers are not original, also the original woofers were changed out. The same Woofer but from another model. The original woofers he does have but they need to be refoamed. Based on that I thought my first offer was fair.

There's 2 speakers on my bucket list, my first choice is the Gamma, second is the QLS-1. I made up my mind if I found one or the other I'd quit on the speaker side of my Audio, with the Gamma being first choice. I've looked for three years and only found one set of Gammas, at 5K they were just out of my what I could pay at the time. I've spent countless hours reading about both speakers and I've read every thread here on the QLS-1's from you lucky guys that own them.

I practically begged a seller in LA not long ago to hold a pair of QLS-1's, they were in need of heavy restoration but he wouldn't wait for 3 days for me to pick them up. I think a member here may have got them, thank goodness cause it makes me sick to see these parted out.

The trouble I'm having in my head is the full asking price is in used Gamma territory, so I'm kinda fighting the go no go.

So I think what I'm going to do is show up in person Monday, bring a dozen roses for the widow, offer to take the consigner to lunch and assure him that these are going to a home where they will be appreciated for my lifetime and cared for just like her late husband. Bump my offer and hopefully we can shake hands.

I'll keep you updated, Thanks everyone for the support.

20. srb02

srb02 "Infinity Speaker" Man Cave

hope it all works out for you.