OMG! The New C7 Corvette unveiled. Gorgeous!!!

I have a 600 hp car now, and even though it's heavy and has AWD with all the fancy traction assists, it's still very easy to get yourself in trouble. A 700 hp RWD light car? Not for me thanks; I wanna live. Seriously, that much power in a small light car is really not appropriate for public roads, it's just an invitation to an accident. Heck 450/450 is plenty enough to exceed most driver's competence; witness the beautiful car in the ditch, post #504.

And has anyone seen the convertible version of this car . SHARP!
It was on line yesterday.

Exactly, youtube is full of supercar drivers who don't know how to control that much power. I'll take something saner along with you, Negotiableterms. Won't be long before the new C7 will be a youtube star in lakes, ditches, crashed into various ways. The blue one in that mishap looks good from that angle. I sure love the SS coming out for a practical something with some performance cred.

I don't get the impression that a gaudy bhp rating is part of this car's concept

450HP is pretty gaudy for the base car. That's just an estimate too, I'd bet the LT1 exceeds that number.

I have a 600 hp car now, and even though it's heavy and has AWD with all the fancy traction assists, it's still very easy to get yourself in trouble.

Hmmm, what's AWD with 600HP. Audi S6? :D

I have a 500HP RWD car, and all the "driver assists" are fully defeatable. Yeah, it's easy to get in trouble. But it's really fun out on a road course.

Hmmm, what's AWD with 600HP. Audi S6? :D
Nope, the s6 only has 420 hp. Think 12 cylinders, twin turbos and 602/553, but it weights 5,300 lb, so it's no sports car.

MT estimated the weight of the '14 vette at 3,300 lb, so it's 2,000 lighter. It makes 400 lb-ft at only 2000 rpm. The thing should be a rocket.

Nope, the s6 only has 420 hp. Think 12 cylinders, twin turbos and 602/553, but it weights 5,300 lb, so it's no sports car.

MT estimated the weight of the '14 vette at 3,300 lb, so it's 2,000 lighter. It makes 400 lb-ft at only 2000 rpm. The thing should be a rocket.

Bentley Continental GT?

I have a 600 hp car now, and even though it's heavy and has AWD with all the fancy traction assists, it's still very easy to get yourself in trouble. A 700 hp RWD light car? Not for me thanks; I wanna live. Seriously, that much power in a small light car is really not appropriate for public roads, it's just an invitation to an accident. Heck 450/450 is plenty enough to exceed most driver's competence; witness the beautiful car in the ditch, post #504.

Compelling evidence to support your argument:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAtelRZCFWc

Supercar pileup in Japan: 8 Ferraris, 2 Lamborghinis, 1 Mercedes

Can I come wash it for you?

You're welcome any time, my friend, with no car wash needed. Bring Pam; she and Caroline can compare notes on what fools we are, while we see if we can get a group buy discount from the 'vette folks. :D

Back
Top Bottom