Omron Relays at Digikey

Related question: what is the general reliability of reed relays - do they get corroded and need to be periodically cleaned/replaced like these MY/LY relays do?

The one I have in mind is the reed relay on the relay board of the 700C. I have a spare replacement US Relays Z649-ND from when I restored my Sansui CA-3000. Just curious if this is worthwhile preventative measure or even 'upgrade'.

Thanks for this great thread!

In my experience reed relays are for small signal switching at real low current ie .5A . Are usually hermitically sealed. Contact oxidation is a real low probability.Low current means no contact pitting.

Expected Electrical Life:
Resistive Load End of Life Criteria No. of Operations
Forms A & B 20VDC, 500mA 500mV Loss 1 x 106
20VDC, 250mA 500mV Loss 20 x 106
Low Level (5VDC, 1mA) 50 Ohms 100 x 106
Form C 12VDC, 500mA 500mV Loss 1 x 106
10VDC, 10mA 50 Ohms 25 x 106
Low Level (5VDC, 1mA) 50 Ohms 100 x 106

Exspected lifespan of over 1,000,000 cycles typical

Last edited:
In my experience reed relays are for small signal switching at real low current ie .5A . Are usually hermitically sealed. Contact oxidation is a real low probability.Low current means no contact pitting.

Good enough for me, I'll leave it alone until I have a solid reason to suspect it of wrongdoing. Thanks!

Not saying they won't fail but usually its due to something else shorting out causing a high amount of current to fry the contacts.

Sansui G-8000

I have a relay that is chassis mounted, the only one of four that is mounted with two screws, the markings are- LY2S DC24 10A 28VDC COIL: 24VDC
This is not for either set of speakers, or for the headphone/power meters. I am looking for a Digi-key PN# has 8 spades with soldered connections in the back.:scratch2:

Update

Well I called the wonderful folks at Digi-Key, and the only part that they have is the Omron LY2F-DC24 DK Part # Z191-ND

You're talking about the soft-start relay. Because of the current flowing through these, and the high voltage, the relay contacts are more-or-less self-cleaning. I've worked on countless G-8000/9000 receivers, and never had to replace this relay. If you really find it necessary to replace the relay, read here. The thread concerns replacement of the speaker relay in some Pioneer gear, but I suspect that the mounting method would carry over just fine to the big 'G' receivers.

...from post 1 of this thread:

FYI...don't screw around with pulling apart PC-mount relays to clean the contacts if you can get a new one. If these do not sell at a reasonable pace at Digikey, they will stop carrying them, so order-up.:yes:

The fact that these relays are still available is a really good thing. Thanks to EW for "badgering" the people at Digi-Key way back when. There will be a MY4-02-DC24 included in my upcoming Digi-Key order. A just $7.99 replacing this relay in a refresh project for a 37 year old amp seems like a no-brainer...

Does anyone know who might actually have the Omron Relay MY2-02 DC24 DPDT, 24VDC, PC-Mount in stock? So far, I've checked four or five places, and they're all on backorder. (Digikey # Z2633-ND)

Hello, I'm trying to find which relay to get when trying to replace the original in my Yamaha A-720. The writing on it says this -

matsushita JR2aD-DC24V
AJR39016
2a 125v ac, 30v dc 601 07 made in japan

It looks nothing like any relays listed in this thread so far. The service manual states that DH24D2 is also a suitable replacement. My question is, does mouser or Digi-Key sell any omron or similar replacement? It looks kind of like this : http://www.mouser.com/images/omron/images/G5NB.jpg but it has 6 pins total, 4 up top and 2 on bottom.

I was thinking this is the closest I've seen - Mouser Part # 653-G5NB-1A4-E-DC24

Last edited:
Hello, I'm trying to find which relay to get when trying to replace the original in my Yamaha A-720. The writing on it says this -

matsushita JR2aD-DC24V
AJR39016
2a 125v ac, 30v dc 601 07 made in japan

It looks nothing like any relays listed in this thread so far. The service manual states that DH24D2 is also a suitable replacement. My question is, does mouser or Digi-Key sell any omron or similar replacement? It looks kind of like this : http://www.mouser.com/images/omron/images/G5NB.jpg but it has 6 pins total, 4 up top and 2 on bottom.

I was thinking this is the closest I've seen - Mouser Part # 653-G5NB-1A4-E-DC24

Post a photo of the pin configuration (pin-out):yes:

Post a photo of the pin configuration (pin-out):yes:

Is this what you're looking for?

Yju0I.jpg

EJxIn.jpg

Back
Top Bottom