Omron Relays at Digikey

Thanks EW for this useful thread! I am having relay issues with my Sony TA-F5A, and was wondering how to tell if it is DPDT (or other), here's a pic of the cover removed while I was cleaning it. It has 6 pins. I tried re-soldering the pins on the board, and cleaning/emery cloth on the contacts. Works better but still intermittent. If one of the omrons are a drop-in I'd appreciate the part number so I order the right one.

View media item 7217

Just saw this thread bubble up to the top. Replying so I can double back later and see if one of those will work as a muting relay for a HK 725 preamp. Deoxit and paper did not get it to work, I had to use D5 on 1000 grit wet/dry paper to get it to pass signal, so if a drop in replacement is available I'd love to get one. I actually wrote to Omron tech support and they did not recognize the number that I found for the original relay, and I think I was looking on Mouser and didn't find anything.

Nate

A photo of the footprint and OEM part number would be handy.

Nate

A photo of the footprint and OEM part number would be handy.

All I have is the handwritten "221D024 Omron" on the FSM that I downloaded from Harman's site. Harman/Kardon part number is 4331-2024716. I can say that it has a 24V coil as I did measure the voltage when I cleaned it as I was hoping to find an equivalent. I was however not smart enough to snap a picture, although it wouldn't be very revealing as I don't have the cover for it (so no pinout diagram, although I could certainly derive that from the traces)

I can get more info later but will have to wait until I either a) fix the Sony I just picked up from GW or b) get my Sansui back from the spa as HK stack is currently serving bedroom duty and in the interest of domestic harmony I don't think I should take down the bedroom system unless something actually breaks :)

Just saw this thread bubble up to the top. Replying so I can double back later and see if one of those will work as a muting relay for a HK 725 preamp. Deoxit and paper did not get it to work, I had to use D5 on 1000 grit wet/dry paper to get it to pass signal, so if a drop in replacement is available I'd love to get one. I actually wrote to Omron tech support and they did not recognize the number that I found for the original relay, and I think I was looking on Mouser and didn't find anything.

Hi just wondering if you can see my post #62 (testing-1-2). When you mentioned it bubbling to the top- I was wondering if I set something in my profile wrong so folks can't see it. Usually, someone responds even if to say they aren't sure. It's the 3rd one since they updated the software, but apologies in advance if I sound impatient. :)

Wrong pic, I assume. A pic with the plastic top removed, and a pic of the PIN side of the relay would be telling.

If it's a 4PDT, then an Omron MY4-02-DC24 is the one you want.

Edit: Fixed the bogus part #.

Last edited:
Gentleman- thank you very much. When I had the amp open and was cleaning it, I thought the dust cover was the more useful pic. I know better now :) It's 6 pins- 3 and 3 in line on the board (underside of the receiver). I presume I will have to cut pins but I will re-read this thread while the part is in transit before crying for help. Cheers :beerchug:

If it's a 4PDT, then an Omron MY4-04-DC24 is the one you want.

Is the above a typo- Digikey doesn't have a result with the "-04-" in the middle. So if Omron or Panasonic 4PDT are the right spec:
Code:
PN                 Digikey#           Description
MY4-02-DC24      Z2634-ND        4PDT, 24VDC, PC-Mount
HC4-HP-DC24V     255-1921-ND     4PDT, 24VDC, PC-Mount

Is there a way to make it work as these have 14 pins and the original has 6 pins?

A picture would be great. Maybe it's an LY style relay? You are correct about the "04", it should've read "02".

OK I will pull it and post some pics. Thanks. P.S. Don't think it's an LY as the pins were side-by-side 3/3.

Is the above a typo- Digikey doesn't have a result with the "-04-" in the middle. So if Omron or Panasonic 4PDT are the right spec:
Code:
PN                 Digikey#           Description
MY4-02-DC24      Z2634-ND        4PDT, 24VDC, PC-Mount
HC4-HP-DC24V     255-1921-ND     4PDT, 24VDC, PC-Mount

Is there a way to make it work as these have 14 pins and the original has 6 pins?
Damn...so many typo's lately. My bad...

The 4PDT Omron relay is MY4-02-DC24, but you say you have 6 pins. You probably have a DPDT with the NC pins clipped off. It may be a MY2-02-DC24 or a LY2-0-DC24. Need to see the pin-side of the relay, and perhaps a pic of two of the relay with the cover removed. Would also help to see the layout on the PC board once the relay is desoldered.

All I have is the handwritten "221D024 Omron" on the FSM that I downloaded from Harman's site. Harman/Kardon part number is 4331-2024716. I can say that it has a 24V coil as I did measure the voltage when I cleaned it as I was hoping to find an equivalent. I was however not smart enough to snap a picture, although it wouldn't be very revealing as I don't have the cover for it (so no pinout diagram, although I could certainly derive that from the traces)

I can get more info later but will have to wait until I either a) fix the Sony I just picked up from GW or b) get my Sansui back from the spa as HK stack is currently serving bedroom duty and in the interest of domestic harmony I don't think I should take down the bedroom system unless something actually breaks :)

Well, I'm a lazy satchel as burnishing the contacts on the HK 725 with 2000 wet/dry wetted with Deoxit D5 seems to have done the trick... on THIS one... still in use in home office.

Sadly, my Marantz 1070 (kitchen system, replaced by Sansui 2000A) has completely dropped one channel and I suspect the relay; likewise I have seen evidence that the relays need to be cleaned or replaced on a Yamaha CR-640 (spare) and Luxman R-1120 (master bedroom) as they sometimes drop a channel on power up until I turn the volume up and back down.

If anyone has part numbers for any of these units, my old receivers seem to be dropping like flies, I only have two working ones that aren't exhibiting signs of relay contact corrosion! (HK 330B and Sansui 2000A of course those two are the least often used of any.)

Of course I fixed the Sony referred to in my post above and then promptly sold it because it was one of those "too nice to leave to the unwashed masses" buys but I really didn't think I needed it. I also gifted away a Luxman R-5030 as I *thought* I had too much gear...

Anyway, if anyone has good part numbers for any of the following I'd appreciate it so I don't have to take something down to investigate/order

HK 725
Marantz 1070
Yamaha CR-640
Luxman R-1120

thanks!

Well, I'm a lazy satchel as burnishing the contacts on the HK 725 with 2000 wet/dry wetted with Deoxit D5 seems to have done the trick... on THIS one... still in use in home office.

Sadly, my Marantz 1070 (kitchen system, replaced by Sansui 2000A) has completely dropped one channel and I suspect the relay; likewise I have seen evidence that the relays need to be cleaned or replaced on a Yamaha CR-640 (spare) and Luxman R-1120 (master bedroom) as they sometimes drop a channel on power up until I turn the volume up and back down.

If anyone has part numbers for any of these units, my old receivers seem to be dropping like flies, I only have two working ones that aren't exhibiting signs of relay contact corrosion! (HK 330B and Sansui 2000A of course those two are the least often used of any.)

Of course I fixed the Sony referred to in my post above and then promptly sold it because it was one of those "too nice to leave to the unwashed masses" buys but I really didn't think I needed it. I also gifted away a Luxman R-5030 as I *thought* I had too much gear...

Anyway, if anyone has good part numbers for any of the following I'd appreciate it so I don't have to take something down to investigate/order

HK 725
Marantz 1070
Yamaha CR-640
Luxman R-1120

thanks!

Yesterday I did "the treatment" to the Marantz 1070. Had to do the same thing several times with the 2000 wet/dry and also bend the fingers of the relay for more tension to get a signal out of both channels. So I'm sure that this one is not long for the world.

I did however take some pictures of the relay. As you can see it is a DPDT relay, four connections across the "front" of the relay for NO and NC, coil just behind that, and the "signal" connections are at the "back" of the relay. It is an Omron Type LC2-C. I didn't think to measure coil voltage though because I'm apparently not that bright today and I didn't get a pic of the back of the board just because that would have involved a significant amount of disassembly.

http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/thatguyN8/library/Marantz 1070 muting relay

If anyone can tell from the above what I need to order let me know otherwise I'll keep plugging and post back if I find an x-ref.

Found this thread looks like a replacement will be hard to find and Luxman used the same relay...? Just my luck!

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/marantz-1070-relay.576166/

This infernal relay actually looks very similar to my memory of the relay used in the HK 725 preamp as well...! grr snarl!

edit: the relay is the exact one shown in this thread

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-clean-your-marantz-relay.419394/

Last edited:
Hi all,

Can someone please confirm that MY4-02-DC24 is the correct replacement for my protection relay? It's Rotel RX-604; relay Type MSLU, 24V coil.

relay MSLU 24V.png

IMG_20160910_134719.jpg

Hi all,

Can someone please confirm that MY4-02-DC24 is the correct replacement for my protection relay? It's Rotel RX-604; relay Type MSLU, 24V coil.

Just to confirm, MY4 relay worked like a charm as a replacement. (except it wasn't the cause of my problem - weak electrolytic cap on tone board was lol)

Reactions: mbz
Back
Top Bottom