On a roll, Papers

zincman

How about some feedback on your favorite paper for home printing. I have found that believe it not Office Depot paper is pretty good for the price and non archival printing.

I use Office Depot 20lb bond for printing, 8.5 x 11, 8.5 x 14 and 11 x 17. I use HP photo paper. At my age archival is not something I worry about.

Rob

For everyday printing I use the cheapest paper I can find. Usually GP is the cheapest. And for photos I use HP paper, I've tried other brands but they never look quite right to me.

Last edited:
I use good 'ol Georgia Pacific ink jet paper from Walmart for everyday stuff. For photo's I use Epson archival matte paper. It is compatible with the ink type my printer uses and the results are outstanding.

Just as a side note, most of the articles I've read suggest for the best results on high rez photo's to use the paper recommended by the manufacturer of the printer....which is usually their brand. Epson printer, use Epson paper. HP printer, use HP paper, etc.

I have used recommended paper and it always seems to fall short. It took me about 20 different tries but feel into using Office Depot due to work use and I must say it is great.

Ah, another GP fan. I saw a box of plain HP paper in Wal-Mart the other day; I believe it was 2500 sheets for 10 bucks? I think I might give that a try next.

Print Works Ink Jet paper by Burlington for ordinary printing.

Epson Heavyweight Matte for most photo printing. It's a good archival paper.

Epson Premium Photo Glossy for high detail work. It's also archival grade.

Epson Glossy or Matte photo paper for proofs or ordinary one-offs. It's good paper and quite a bit cheaper than the archival grades.

HP and Kodak papers are pretty good but I think the Epson papers show truer colors when used with my Epson printers.

Never tried the Canon papers. Tried the Office Max branded photo paper and my prints turn out too Cyan. I think the Epson paper is a truer white.

Back
Top Bottom