On it's Way- EAD Enlightened Audio Designs 1000 series II DAC

thedelihaus

Nocturnal transmissions
Along with my Entech (just traded to an AKer for an Adcom GDA 600), my PS Audio Superlink II, and my just-arrived Parasound D-AC 1000, I'll be getting an EAD DSP-1000 Series II DAC.

Should have been here today. I'm guessing another day or so.

It features Burr-Brown guts, 20 bit, 8x oversampling, and well-respected, I look forward to comparing it to my Parasound, the Adcom, and the PS Audio.

I'm DAC-lerious!

deli,
you have been amassing quite an arsenal of digital gear. one thing that I feel more and more lately is if the speaker is not sensitive enough, changes in cd/dac equipment, are not very noticeable. I have 20 different cd players from 1985 to 2000 and changes are barely noticeable. I am not sure if speaker sensitivity alone will bring that or weaker sensitivity w/ high power amp but my Yamaha NS-1000 speaker is not bringing up the changes as much as I want. that's all.

Did I tell you that I finally was able to replace the laser pickup units and also replace the opamps? They sound great, but like I said, that difference is not day and night, but relately speaker, it's alot because I was not seeing alot of differences.

wsjoe

A Piece of The Puzzle

deli,
you have been amassing quite an arsenal of digital gear. one thing that I feel more and more lately is if the speaker is not sensitive enough, changes in cd/dac equipment, are not very noticeable. I have 20 different cd players from 1985 to 2000 and changes are barely noticeable. I am not sure if speaker sensitivity alone will bring that or weaker sensitivity w/ high power amp but my Yamaha NS-1000 speaker is not bringing up the changes as much as I want. that's all.

Did I tell you that I finally was able to replace the laser pickup units and also replace the opamps? They sound great, but like I said, that difference is not day and night, but relately speaker, it's alot because I was not seeing alot of differences.

wsjoe

Its been my experience that each section of the audio chain offers discrete opportunity to alter the sound, for better or worse. Fior instance changing amplifiers alters the sound in a specific manner, and these changes cannot be replicated by another component. Sure speakers offers the widest degree of change, they can set the basic personality of the system. Source components are terrbily important, since they determine how much info you can extract from the medium. Of course the weakest link argument is valid, and a system is only as good as the lowest component. But, each component has a unique effect to the sound, and cannot be duplicated by another component. So pay attention to the little details, cause together they add up to a big one.

Regards
Mister Pig

Back
Top Bottom