On-Off Switch for my 1020

braincramp

My 1020 has a sort of toggle switch in the power cord that someone put in. It works fine but I'd like the original switch to work and eliminate the toggle. I opened up the original switch and the brass pieces inside were half burnt off. Does anyone know if I can buy the whole on-off switch or the replacement brass thingys to make it original again ? I've searched and have come up with nothing so far.

Flip switch? You won't find it easily. Not new, not used. I was searching for months for my B-2. I ended up stealing one from my CT-600 tuner. And then searched months again, nothing..

I modded the original switch with a micro switch and a Triac switch. The Triac is needed because a micro switch can't handle large currents. That's the only way to use broken switch.

I'm pretty sure you can rebuild your power switch with the Alps TV-5 switch that's available on ebay.

s-l1600.jpg

Does that ebay switch works for the CA1000?
I don't know what the 1000 switch looks like. I do know that this type of switch was used on some Yamaha's and some Kenwood's. To fix those switches, you remove the bottom of the TV5 and replace with the none working switch. I bought some of these and used it on my KR9600.

Shaft is easily reshaped....my power switch is not very springy or firm to switch...its looose and mushy.

Schaft look too long to be used in CR1020/2020/1000/1000II and many other
You use your old shaft and only replace the bottom portion (with the dark red plastic) since that's what failed. It's more like you're buying a repair kit than a switch.

Attachments

• tv-5.jpg
    tv-5.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom