One channel is out on my Vincent integrated app and I don't understand why?

StereoDNA

AK Member
To my fellow AK'ers, I purchased a Vencent tube hybrid solid-state integrated amp about six years ago from audio advisor. It has worked great up until the other day when I turned on and only one channel had sound. This app has very light use and I don't think I've turned it up 1/4 of the way up, due to how much power it has through my B&W speaker.

I have done all the usual checks swapping speaker cables, changing different inputs, cables but to no avail. I'm just curious as to what would cause a channel to totally stop working with such light use and never really being pushed hard in its life?

I would be grateful if someone can explain what happened and how I should get it resolved? I reside in a rural area in Mississippi, so needless to say there is no local high-end audio stereo shops within a 150 mile radius.

Thanks for any guidance or help.

Well, since it's a hybrid, I'd check the tubes next. Per Audio Advisor:

Tube complement: 1 x 12AX7 and 2 x 6N1P-EV

Good luck.

very, very, very gently - pull each tube with NO side forces (in other words straight up)
inspect and clean it any/all pins are not shiny. use alcohol or water and clean cotton
rag, replace exactly in the same orientation (mark tube and chassis if you need to)
by aligning the pins on the tube with the socket-side female holes noting the gap
on both side.

but first, for each tube is the "silver" plating on the inside of the tube still "silver"?
if it's white, the vacuum is gone and you need a replacement.

next up - do both tubes light up?

chances are, unless there's more than one of each tube, it's not the
tubes since these are dual triodes and it's rare that one side fails.

if you have spares then try them - if for no other reason than to eliminate them
as the cause.

depending on the model (more than one input, etc) you may have an input connection
problem, or … try the combinations. make sure it's not the input sound source.
try a different player

I reside in a rural area in Mississippi, so needless to say there is no local high-end audio stereo shops within a 150 mile radius.

Thanks for any guidance or help.
Sure there is, overunder1 is a tech in Mississippi. He might be able to help if you don't get somewhere.

Yes, I now you said high-end stereo shop, I inferred a place to get the unit looked at by someone that might be able to do something with it.

Last edited:
Thanks Blue Shadow I will get in touch with overunder1. Yes, you are inferred correctly I was seeking to locate somebody who could look at that unit. Much appreciated.

if you try the combinations, eliminating the dead ends, then document it all
you might lower the costs of troubleshooting, speed up the fix.

Back
Top Bottom