One Hit Wonder Hall of Fame

I wish people would stop quoting me on posting that song, I didn't really post it per the thread title. I was talking to another member about songs on a set list, one of them being Smoking in the Boy's Room that is a OHW, however at that time the other youth favorite was Schools out for Summer, and that's why I made that post.

Really? That seems unclear to me as you actually said, "I don't think AC had any other hits." :crazy:

If you want folks to stop quoting you why not delete or edit the post?

I did it already but it doesn't really matter.

Hard to check for what has been posted when a video link is the only post.

I'm a huge fan of Marc Almond and Soft Cell, but "Tainted Love" was their only hit in the US. The song has an interesting history, written by Ed Cobb (ex-Four Preps) and first recorded by Gloria Jones (later a member of T. Rex & Marc Bolan's partner).

Last edited:
Not much of a chart hit, but everyone remembers it and probably no other songs by The Modern English.

The only single from MARRS, the conglomeration of two bands (Colourbox & A. R. Kane), neither of which had any chart success in the US other than this one.

The Eighties were a great decade for Canada - and they had their own versions of MTV (MuchMusic / MusiquePlus). If you were lucky enough to have BUD (Big Ugly Dish) TV you could see a lot of cool stuff on the Anik birds.

Back
Top Bottom