1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

One small rant because I am tired

Discussion in 'Packing & Shipping' started by judsonw, Oct 22, 2017.

1. judsonw

judsonw Well-Known Member

I just got home today after hanging out with friends. It is late and I know that the soundtrack for Baby Driver is waiting in my mailbox. I live in an apartment complex so it is one of those community boxes things. Vinyl fits perfectly in the package box, however it also has a tendency to jam the locking mechanism for opening the door.

I looked in my mailbox and sure enough, there was the key for the package box, and it was a new key. I tried it by hand, because sometimes (rarely) I can get enough torque to turn the key. It would not budge. I went to do my newest trick, taking the key ring off and using an allen wrench to get better leverage, and it still did not budge. However, the key is now delightfully bent for my efforts:

SAM_0353.JPG

Fortunately, with the construction going on, I get off work before the mail arrives these days, so Monday I will simply wait for the postal carrier to arrive to calmly discuss the situation. However, that does mean I have to wait a couple more days to listen to my vinyl.

End of rant.

Please register to disable this ad.