Onkyo A-10 - technician for rebuild sought

Discussion in 'Solid State' started by MP984, Feb 12, 2018.

1. MP984

MP984 New Member

Hello from the UK. Having been well and truly bitten by the vintage bug I'm now looking for the next amp to go with my TA-F7, AU-111 and BA-F1.

At the moment I'm most interested in the A-10. Unfortunately I don't have any real expertise in electronics, and so I need to find a good technician to restore anything I buy. I would of course pay for time and parts / materials.

If there's anyone out there who's potentially interested in this then please either reply to this thread, or PM me.

I guess it may be better to find someone in the UK or the rest of the EU (yes, we're still in the EU....). I don't mind shipping to the States in principle, but it will be more expensive and I also don't know if there may be issues with Customs charges (either when the amp enters the USA, or when it comes back to the UK).

Please register to disable this ad.

2. tarior

tarior Dirty pool, old man? Subscriber

Try AK member Hyperion. He's in England somewhere.

3. MP984

MP984 New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I know Hyperion as he rebuilt my BAF1. Unfortunately (from my perspective) he only works on Sansui.

4. tarior

Maybe you can talk him into expanding his horizons? :dunno::biggrin:

5. MP984

MP984 New Member

Well that would be ideal but I'm afraid it isn't likely to happen. A shame, as his work is excellent. My impression is that it seems to be quite hard to find good techs in the UK who work on vintage gear.

6. tarior

Not many people are getting into it any more. Despite the demand, it's hard to make any money, if you count your time. Or maybe I just work too slow.:confused:

Please register to disable this ad.