Onkyo A10

Gibsonian

Recently acquired and Onkyo A10 integrated amplifier and plan to give her a shot in the garage system for preamp use and amp use for the mids/tweets.

Can anyone give any information regarding this unit? I have so far been unable to find any info. on it.

It weighs about 40 lbs and has dual transformers inside- seem well put together. I haven't listened to her with the exception of verifying she works so I can't comment on her sound yet. DC offset was 1.0 mV on each channel, sweet - I'm thinking she's servo controlled.

Attachments

• 000_0806.jpg
    000_0806.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 92
I still have a lot of the old AUDIO Magazine annuals with manufacturers' listings from back in the day (1977 onward I believe); I'll see what I can dig up.

I have the lit on the A-5 and A-7, I remember the A-9, but I draw a blank on the A-10. Should be in Yamaha CA-1010 or even 2010 territory (i.e., should be pretty dang nice).

It's a keeper!

All I can say is that the A-10 Onkyo integrated amp is a very well built and very nice sounding unit.
According to Orion it was an 85 wpc unit that was made from 77-79. Retail was $465. The matching tuner is the A-9.
I like them so much that I have two of them. In fact, I am in downsizing mode at home right now, so I am selling my Onko TX-8500 and TX-6500 II receivers. If I am going to keep only two Onkyos, they will be the two A-10's. They are indeed keepers! :D
Just my do centavos

I have an Onkyo A-10 integrated amp in my bedroom. According to the original sales brochure that came with it has dual transformers and a copper plate bus feeder ground circuit along with two 26,000uF capacitors (they are the size of soup cans) for some serious bass response.
Other specs are: freq. response 2 - 80,000Hz, S/N ratio 110dB, 85 WPC at 8 ohms THD 0.08%. If you want to read the rest of the brochure I can try to to scan it and e-mail it to you. (When I try to resize it down small enough to post here it's unreadable.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom