Onkyo Parts T-9090II

BikerBoy

Picked up a used T-9090II and trying to get it in perfect shape and re-aligned. I works and sounds great but variable output RCA terminal hoods torn off. I called Onkyo and they said they would not sell me the replacement terminal since I am an individual and not an authorized repair station. I don't want to spend an extra $100 to $150 to hire someone to replace a terminal that I can replace myself. Does anyone know where/how I can get this part? It is a double RCA terminal (has both the variable and fixed terminals on the block) and solders directly to main CB. P/N 25045202 NPJ-4PDBL83 Terminal. Also need the RC-113T remote if anyone has one. Thanks for any advice.

I would use wired RCA terminals so the stresses of plugging and unplugging cables does not tend to stress the connections. With that in mind, I would build up a set of terminals on a scrap piece of plastic or wood, connect it electrically and screw it to the back of the chassis mechanically. This is not a case where genuine parts are needed. There is no such thing as an FM tuner concours D'elegance where you get points for originality.

I would use wired RCA terminals so the stresses of plugging and unplugging cables does not tend to stress the connections. With that in mind, I would build up a set of terminals on a scrap piece of plastic or wood, connect it electrically and screw it to the back of the chassis mechanically. This is not a case where genuine parts are needed. There is no such thing as an FM tuner concours D'elegance where you get points for originality.

I think that's a great idea. Since posting, I have found hundreds of gold plated RCA terminal configurations that I might be able to adapt. With some care and ingenuity might not be able to tell from the outside that it is non-stock. It is all original and never re-capped or any changes to filtering. It is almost 30 years old so maybe there is some value in re-capping while I am in there and before the re-alignment.

The T-9090II is one of the best tuners ever made, at least for its ability to make weak signals listenable. It's well worth replacing the 25 yr old electrolytics in it, if you're going to align it afterwards, but don't mess with the other caps. You could also try upgrading the output opamp.

Back
Top Bottom