Onkyo Scepter 5001.

I found that out in a search for them. There's a pair not selling on yahoo.jp as of right now.
Those Victors are impressive, even in Japanese! I must say though, I always hated the cab finish in these. look like concrete blocks with rounded corners.

Omg didn't even notice it. It's quite a mouthful. I think I will leave it for now.

I have a pair of these now. They are the best speakers I have ever heard to date.

Victor sx 10000 laboratory
Yours, the Zero series were highly regarded in their hay-day. Too bad not many made it to, or were sold in the U.S.
The Victor Zero 1000's/JVC Zero 10's are my bucket list speakers. To have those shipped from Japan would cost a fortune!
Here's an example from a past listing.
http://www.hifido.co.jp/KW/G/P0/A10/E/0-50/S0/C12-64295-34940-00

These speaks are as good at metal as they are everything else. Usually they're fed a gentlemanly diet of jazz, classical, some mood. Today is a wicked bad metal show pulled from WFMU.

A truly great system will display no bias toward one music genre or another. It will provide top musical insight and satisfaction with all Genres.

Those Onkyos are abso-freaking-lutely beautiful! Only Onkyos I ever had in my possession were these "4 way" :rolleyes: towers that sounded like absolute s#@t. Those things ooze quality from the components to the cabinetry and finish. Congratulations on getting them in good fettle, hope you enjoy them for a good time to come! :banana::banana::banana:

Still probably the best I've owned yet.
What I'm finding I really like is: the hours I leave the system on while they've been here. The level of engagement is unlike what I've had with previous speakers, with the exception of the APM-6. These, however, have even them beat.

Omg didn't even notice it. It's quite a mouthful. I think I will leave it for now.

I have a pair of these now. They are the best speakers I have ever heard to date.

Victor sx 10000 laboratory

Any chance we could get a top ten? The sx1000 laboratory does not do it for me looks wise and twice the price of 5001's.

Yeah they are not every ones taste, but the sound is sublime. I think it’s the best in Victor I have heard.

I got a nice A class Amplifier recently sounds very nice.

Attachments

• FBBB141D-A519-4F22-9BD3-384BB57F8088.jpeg
    FBBB141D-A519-4F22-9BD3-384BB57F8088.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 52
I’ve added a couple rare Onkyo and Esoteric components, but no speakers. I’d still like to add in a dark dome md-1033a midrange to the 5001.
I hope you like the JVC, they are pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom