Onkyo T-9 help. No stereo.

A

alexrw3

My T-9 picks up stations very well but will not output a stereo signal. I understand that there is a stereo separation or threshold adjustment in most tuner circuits and that they can drift (or oxidize) over time. Although I have a schematic I have not been able to identify the appropriate pot or pots. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

For the benefit of anyone else with this problem, I found the pot. A small adjustment to R214 brought stereo reception back.

Does anyone know what the Sensor switch on the back does? I did not notice any difference among the three settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sensor switch...

When you touch the tuning knob, the capacitance of your body releases the "servo tuned" lock on the station, allowing you to dial to another station. When you release the knob while tuned on, or almost on a station, the servo circuit locks onto the station. No drift, perfect tuning.

The Sensor switch is adjusted until that feature works correctly. Normal does it for most. When you touch the tuning knob, the lock light should go out. When you release the knob, the lock light comes on. If that is happening, good, if not, try another sensitivity setting.

Back
Top Bottom