Onkyo TX-2500 MKII idle current trimmer pot replacements

dj23tsi

I recently lost the right channel on my 2500 MKII. After recapping the power supply board and main amp board I went to adjust the idle current and as soon as I touched the right channel trimmer (R615) resistor R619 went up in smoke and the right channel was done for. I'm looking to repair what ever damage was done and don't want it to happen again so I would like to replace both trimmer resistors but I'm unsure of which one to go with. From what I can tell by the schematics they are 470 Ohm trimmers. I just want to be sure I pick out the correct ones. This is what I've picked out but if there is a better option then I would like to know.
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Vishay-Sfernice/T93XB471KT20?qs=MsRaK5qBadQxRh1geyNsmA==

Here is pic of the schematics for this section of the receiver. As always any help and info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• Onkyo.JPG
    Onkyo.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 6
In my experience with Onkyo Variable resistors there are specs and a part number printed on the outside of the body of the VR.

Best to look at that, the orientation of the leads and the orientation of the adjuster screw.

In my experience with Onkyo Variable resistors there are specs and a part number printed on the outside of the body of the VR.

Best to look at that, the orientation of the leads and the orientation of the adjuster screw.

There is 8D56 470Ω on the side of the resistor. I can't seem to find any useful info.

Attachments

• Onkyo Variable.jpg
    Onkyo Variable.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 5
Looks like a 470ohm VR with the wiper in the middle and offset from the other two leads, vertical adjustment.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Bourns/3296Y-1-501LF?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvygUB3GLcD7gTIXvDhNlCgeWImGcvKzNo=

Bourns 3296 series, 500 ohm, 25 turn, vertical adjust, in stock, $2.41

Not as much available in 470ohm, but 500ohm will work just fine. The multi turn 3296 series give much more smoothness and precision for these adjustments than anything else I have ever used and others here seem to express the same sentiment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom