Onkyo TX-51 memory battery

scoloheros

I came across a TX-51, maybe it works, I don't know yet. But the battery holder is missing for the memory. Does anybody know what volt battery went in this, was it two AA batteries or maybe a 9v?

Thanks ILM! I tried looking for a pdf manual but all I saw wanted $ or a log-in. Somebody tried to splice in a AA battery holder, terrible job they did. I'm going to go to Fry's to get one and do it the right way. It works btw, I sure don't need any more receivers but I just can't pass up a decent one if the price is right. I go treasure hunting in the thrift stores only for audio equipment and I've noticed this stuff drying up in the past couple of years, seems to me anyway. But I'm basically through, I will even take some of this stuff back to those stores to give away, keeping the better stuff I like.

For those that may still want some information on this Onkyo TX-51 receiver, I found this old review on the 'net this morning. I just score one of these at GW.

Attachments

• Onkyo TX-51 Stereo Receiver Review.pdf
    280.4 KB · Views: 23
I have a Tx-51 that worked this morning, placed in the car and now when I press the power button it doesn’t work after a ten minute drive to sell the receiver.

now, no clue of what to do with the receiver? You guys have any suggestions? It worked, went into the car and now doesn’t work, crazy

Be specific re: "doesn't work". Does it light up, produce any sound, hum, etc?

Back
Top Bottom