Only 3000 pressed and mine just got delivered...

Haven't opened my Nightfly yet.

I wonder what the next One-step release will be?

They are supposed to be better than the UHQRs. I haven't listened to it yet. It's 10:30 in the morning and I'm going to fire up the system in about 5 minutes. I'll play one side of the record currently occupying the platter(Elisbeth Schwarzkopf Four Last Songs) just to get things warmed up. Then I pop on the Bill Evans.
Love what you've got on the platter already, oh my.

Love what you've got on the platter already, oh my.
Oh fiddlefye, that pressing of Schwarzkopf/Four Last Songs is awesome. Much better than the insipid, insult that the US Angel pressing turned out to be. Beautiful orchestration and Elisabeth breath-takingly in the room. Between the Music, the lyrics and her magnificent voice, oh such musical beauty.

Oh fiddlefye, that pressing of Schwarzkopf/Four Last Songs is awesome. Much better than the insipid, insult that the US Angel pressing turned out to be. Beautiful orchestration and Elisabeth breath-takingly in the room. Between the Music, the lyrics and her magnificent voice, oh such musical beauty.
Which pressing is it? I have a few recordings of the works with different singers and they all have their differing beauties. Music of the very first order!

Haven't opened my Nightfly yet.

I wonder what the next One-step release will be?
I think was stated here possibly Brothers in Arms,,,, ALSO WE OPEN THESE RIGHT.. I KNOW THE DROP THEIR VALUE by 1/2 once opened but.......

I think was stated here possibly Brothers in Arms,,,, ALSO WE OPEN THESE RIGHT.. I KNOW THE DROP THEIR VALUE by 1/2 once opened but.......
Spoke to Music Direct yesterday. As mkane said, it's Simon and Garfunkel. Preordered two copies. Brothers in Arms would be my fourth? pressing of the album? dang.

This will trip yer trigger - I actually have two of them unopened and the MOFI BIA unopened. I'll open one of the Nightfly's sometime soon.

Spoke to Music Direct yesterday. As mkane said, it's Simon and Garfunkel. Preordered two copies. Brothers in Arms would be my fourth? pressing of the album? dang.

How did you pre-order S&G? I don't see anything about it on their site.

How did you pre-order S&G? I don't see anything about it on their site.
Called and asked how to make sure I don't miss another one after bill evans. Got to speaking with the sales rep and he said preordering was available.

Called and asked how to make sure I don't miss another one after bill evans. Got to speaking with the sales rep and he said preordering was available.

Yep, based on your post I called and they took my preorder for Bridge Over Troubled Water.

Very rare to hear a blue label Angel or newer which is not any better than an "Insipid Insult" to a good UK or German EMI real thing.

Bridge Over Troubled Water is a great musical album and not a terrible recording(on some tracks), but for GOD's sake MOFI; Give us some spectacular recordings to show off the potential of this process. Enough already with the pop recordings(Bill Evans excepted). Give us some of the great recordings.

Oh yeah. No less than 10,000 either.

^^^^^Pop sells, but then again if your only making 3-6000 copies it doesn't matter. The shame is a lot of these will never be played.

Bridge Over Troubled Water is a great musical album and not a terrible recording(on some tracks), but for GOD's sake MOFI; Give us some spectacular recordings to show off the potential of this process. Enough already with the pop recordings(Bill Evans excepted). Give us some of the great recordings.

Oh yeah. No less than 10,000 either.
What goes on your list of great recordings?

Back
Top Bottom