Only 3000 pressed and mine just got delivered...

What goes on your list of great recordings?
Here's one I'd Like to see done. I have the Analogue Productions 45 rpm 2 x LP repressing and it is magnificent. I'd like to see if it could be bettered by the One Step process. I highly recommend the AP 2 x LP 45 rpm.

51iQ87Gsl2L.jpg

This is difficult to reproduce but beautiful music and revealing of the ability of the system

8860.jpg

This is where it was recorded

20967297964_a94ea44e01_b.jpg

Last edited:
For popular music, this is an excellent recording and Belafonte has both a beautiful voice plus he knows how to play with the audience. I have the Classic Records pressing and it is excellent.

R-7095808-1433627508-8028.jpeg.jpg

This is difficult to reproduce but beautiful music and revealing of the ability of the system

8860.jpg

This is where it was recorded

20967297964_a94ea44e01_b.jpg
I would love to hear a properly mic'd recording of Handel's Messiah as performed in the cathedral of St. John the Divine. May not be the best acoustics, but I remember it as being a haunting venue. Unfortunately they moved the production to lincoln center, which may be a better treated room, but lacks the majesty of the original.

Nice move on the S&G.

Further refinement of my system has shown the One Step Ultradisk pressings to be utterly excellent. I'd like to hear all of the best recorded analogue music to be re-released via this method. It is simply beyond equal in my experience.

Just got a notification from Music Direct. They are shipping the following:

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water (Lmt Ed UltraDisc One-Step 45rpm Vinyl 2LP Box Set)

Rimsky-Korsakov - Scheherazade - Reiner - Chicago Symphony Orchestra (200g 45rpm Vinyl 2LP)

Peter Gabriel - Passion (45rpm Vinyl 3LP)

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water (Lmt Ed UltraDisc One-Step 45rpm Vinyl 2LP Box Set)

Rimsky-Korsakov - Scheherazade - Reiner - Chicago Symphony Orchestra (200g 45rpm Vinyl 2LP)

Nice lot.

Nice lot.
I only buy what I wish to listen to. Records, in my view are for listening to. I love listening to the One Step pressings, I only wish that MoFi would press some spectacular Classical recordings. There are some stellar recordings out there that scream out for this process. That deserve this process far more than the ones so far released. I love all of the music that they have selected so far for the One Step releases, but as true 'showcase' recordings they are incomparable to others that could have been chosen for the process.

Others will see it differently and I have zero argument with that. I'd like to hear recordings, that make your hair curl on ordinary pressing, showcased via this process.

Great music will be great music even when the recording isn't especially notable. Great music has so much more emotional impact when it is well recorded and well replayed. To those who deride the label 'audiophile', unless you are listening to vinyl in the following manner, you are an audiophile in denial:

Nice selection.

You're going to love the Gabriel "Passion". I have the 33.3rpm 2LP by Classic Records and it is sonically stunning, really! I can only imagine what the 45rpm will sound like. Actually I can't, so I may just have to pick up a copy and find out.

Enjoy your catch!

Nice selection.

You're going to love the Gabriel "Passion". I have the 33.3rpm 2LP by Classic Records and it is sonically stunning, really! I can only imagine what the 45rpm will sound like. Actually I can't, so I may just have to pick up a copy and find out.

Enjoy your catch!
I do not have the Classic Records pressing of Passion. I do however possess the original UK Real World/Virgin pressing of the album and enjoy it very much. I am looking forward to hearing the 45rpm pressing.

https://www.discogs.com/Peter-Gabriel-Passion/release/4825838

I do not have the Classic Records pressing of Passion. I do however possess the original UK Real World/Virgin pressing of the album and enjoy it very much. I am looking forward to hearing the 45rpm pressing.

Looking forward to your impressions. I guarantee you'll be amazed. This record will create a new fondness for your sound system. You won't believe your sound system is capable of what you will hear.

Really!

Enjoy. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to your impressions. I guarantee you'll be amazed. This record will create a new fondness for your sound system. You won't believe your sound system is capable of what you will hear.

Really!

Enjoy. :thumbsup:
I already get all that from the system via the original UK pressing. Despite being composed of relatively obscure components(or more correctly because of the combination of components) this system punches way beyond it's cost to me. I could tinker around the edges to great benefit, and might someday, but as it stands I will say that this system is the one which finally delivers a level of sound quality that I craved for decades.

An anecdote: I read magazines for years. Later I would scour ebay and other sites looking for components I held in high regard. I would pour over user testimony on audio websites. Since putting together this system I might visit ebay once or twice per year. I have lost interest in reviews and have downgraded my desire to read other people's opinions of components.

The combination of components I have arrived at impresses nobody. Well, except me that is. I own the least impressive, most impressive system. :naughty:

Last edited:
I already get all that from the system via the original UK pressing. Despite being composed relatively obscure components(or more correctly because of the combination of components) this system punches way beyond it's cost to me. I could tinker around the edges to great benefit, and might someday, but as it stands I will say that this system is the one which finally delivers a level of sound quality that I craved for decades.

An anecdote: I read magazines for years. Later I would scour ebay and other sites looking for components I held in high regard. I would pour over user testimony on audio websites. Since putting together this system I might visit ebay once or twice per year. I have lost interest in reviews and have downgraded my desire to read other people's opinions of components.

The combination of components I have arrived at impresses nobody. Well, except me that is. I own the least impressive, most impressive system. :naughty:
Bingo!

Cheers.

I just saw a web post(along with photo) which indicated that the next One-Step pressing will be a limited to 7500 pressing of Marvin Gaye's What's Going On. MoFi: When will you release some amazing recordings utilising this process instead of popular titles? What's Going On is beautiful music, but a multitrack piece of ordinary merit as a recording.

Comon MoFi, get your shit together and really show us what this technology can do.

I just saw a web post(along with photo) which indicated that the next One-Step pressing will be a limited to 7500 pressing of Marvin Gaye's What's Going On. MoFi: When will you release some amazing recordings utilising this process instead of popular titles? What's Going On is beautiful music, but a multitrack piece of ordinary merit as a recording.

Comon MoFi, get your shit together and really show us what this technology can do.

I bought the Bridge Over Troubled Water just to experience the one-step process as it was the only album they have put out for it that I was even a little interested in. But other than that I am done until they get to significantly more interesting (for me) titles. So I agree but to some extent it is hard to argue with success. The albums they are choosing are selling out and as always with MOFI there is there possibility that they simply put out what they can get hold of. So we can complain about it but we always wonder whether or not they are simply captive to the record companies' desire to only let them have recordings that are otherwise saturated in the market and only sell more copies because it is MOFI.

This is the first time I've seen two One Step record sets for sale at the same time. The Marvin Gaye set and the Texas Flood set simultaneously. I'm not going to get either set. I'll wait and see what is on offer after these ones. I want to see better recordings featured.

Back
Top Bottom