oooooh THOR...this just isn't right....

SixCats!

I mean...come on...I just checked the temp. (here in Maine, 12 miles outside the Capitol) this morning and it is: 12 BELOW ZERO!
How about in Bangor THOR? This is crazy! SixCats!

Akshobvaraja, can you believe this whining???

Akshob,
these guys don't KNOW what cold is!! 40 degrees in Florida is much worse than anything Maine can produce. I've been burning old speaker boxes just to stay warm: Cerwin-Vegas seem to give off the best warmth.:)

It is supposed to be 50 and sunny here in Oregon today. I just don't know how we will survive:D Here's to global warming. :beerchug:

I will let you guys in on a secret. I work for a large intergrated oil company and profits have been the shits for a couple of years now. So we 'bought' a couple of weather modification start-up companies and funded them well. It really helps our bottom line if we have a boomer heating oil season.

Oh and SUVs?, that's our invention, we gave it to Detroit for free. Remember 55 MPH speed limits? A little cash spent in D.C. fixed that bootleneck. Still our profits continue to be soft. Will you guys started hitting more thrift stores from further distances, please?

Lefty

I think it was like -20 this morning :(

Tonto I hope you get swarmed by killer bees, stung by fireants, attacked by an alligator, bitten by a poisonous snake, blown over by a hurricane, and your house falls in a sink hole, enjoy your 40 degrees :D

-23c with a windchill factor that makes it feel like -32c.

Last nite the nuts did indeed freeze off the Confederation Bridge that joins PEI to NB

Well at least it got back into the 60s for a while today. I have had a pot of water on the stove to keep my sinuses from drying out. A dash of eucalyptus essential oil in the hot water certainly helps a lot too. Furnaces just seem to bake the inside of my nose while keeping me from freezing to death. It SNOWED!! In Dallas! It only does that every other year or so.

Re: Akshobvaraja, can you believe this whining???

Originally posted by Tonto Yoder
Akshob,
these guys don't KNOW what cold is!! 40 degrees in Florida is much worse than anything Maine can produce. I've been burning old speaker boxes just to stay warm: Cerwin-Vegas seem to give off the best warmth.:)

At least we don't have any insects that you can ride :tongue:

I came from Ohio where it did indeed get cold, but I've become a girlie-man since moving to Florida.

Gotta go bust up some more Cerwin-Vegas--the insects are getting cold. Glad these speakers are so cheap.:)

My mom just got back from a cruise to the carribean, while in Orlando FL she said it was "cool" out she was wearing shorts and a tank top but she said most of the native floridians were wearing parkas and hats :p:

Thatch you think furnaces dry out your sinuses I used to live in an apartment that had electric heat :(

You live on a pimple located on the bum of the world. Good wines though, but I understand you drink Brahma beer and your girl left you because of the gas!

Originally posted by Thatch_Ear
You live on a pimple located on the bum of the world. Good wines though, but I understand you drink Brahma beer and your girl left you because of the gas!

Tha Brazilians drink that crap :puke: my beer of choice is Heineken or Austral. :D

Chris

Hey Millerdog,

I went to Maui in 1985 and it was almost a deserted island then. Stayed on the west coast, north of Lahaina. "Sands of Kahana" resort. (we called it "winds of Kahana" - wind never stopped)

Had to go on a little 2 lane road to get to the west side of Maui. Nothing but green fields.

There was only three hotels maybe, on the west coast at that time.

Went back last year... couldn't believe how the whole island has turned into hotels/motels/houses/shops/MacDonalds etc, etc, They're even building a Wal Mart!:puke:

Hana area is still one of the most beautiful places on earth!

Back
Top Bottom