Opinion's needed

Hey, WildWest!

Out of curiosity, have you received those Final Labs power cords that I sent you?

Cheers,
Brian

"Hey, WildWest!

Out of curiosity, have you received those Final Labs power cords that I sent you?

Cheers,
Brian"

hehehe.......:naughty:

J

Enchanced AC Delivery Advocate

Everyone knows that I use aftermarket power cords and have often spoken about the benefit of quality AC treaments, power supplies, power cords and line conditioners. I use them but don't comment much these days because the topic tends to polarize the masses.

As for WW's comments. He is correct, and sees the controversy from the other side. We both essentually agree and don't take each other too seriously. To consider the visual impact components [or devices] make is not silly. What is important is knowing WHY you bought something. It's your money, buy what you will, just try to seperate fact from fiction.

And back to Mike's situation. I have little experience with "$100 power cords", though I think a few I may have used could be purchased used for close to that figure. Hardwiring the pc is a good idea. Before upgrade power cords I would invest in the best powerline conditioner I could afford, install a dedicated line and replace the inwall wiring. For what you're spending I'd upgrade your outlet. I use an Acme Audio silver-plated, cryo'd model that costs me $25. Easily one of the best "bang for the buck" purchases I've made. I'm not pushing Acme Audio, I believe most any "cryo'd" model would result in the benefit I enjoy.

MikE

>>>To consider the visual impact components [or devices] make is not silly<<<

While perhaps not silly, a componant's visual impact is one of the last criteria of most people I know.
As for PCs, why doesn't Pro just borrow one or two and see if they make a difference, or an improvement. Sometimes stock cords are best.
Jack.

I must admit to having this little fantasy in which WildWest swaps in the "fancy pants" power cords I sent him, sits back for a listen, and then scratches his head while muttering, "Hey, I think I DO hear a difference..." ;)

Heyyyyy Brian;

Yup, they hit yesterday. Kinda surprised me at first the big cardboard box and all. Cracked that open and found two nice wooden boxes with a cord each in them. (hee hee hee. I like the wooden boxes as much as the cords. You see, I have this cute lil wooden box fetish :D )

My listening room has a dedicated 20 amp circuit to the wall outlets there and I plugged the new cords directly into the wall and OMG you should hear these amps now. They totally changed, the air, the depth, the clarity. I can't believe the sound I mean, how on earth can these cords defy the laws of science and improve the electricity coming through the wall from the main service is beyond me. With only 12-2 romex in the wall how on earth can these cords make it better when it arrives as such!??!! Is there built in mini power generators what!!??? No wait! I know, it must be because they cost so much!! All my years of electrical industry education, association etc. has been dashed! I don't know what to do!! HEEELLLPPPPP!!! :yikes:

<snicker> Ok sowwy, I be teasin here. You know I had to do it. LOL

The cords feel and look awesome Brian, can't thank you enough. It sure is a great addition to my amps, rather like putting pinstripes on a car.

Heck of a buy Brian and thank you very kindly. Pleasure like always dealing with you! :thmbsp:

Last edited:
:eek: I didn't know they came in cool wooden boxes! :mad: Damm I woulda bought one for the tube amp I'm getting from Rob!! You shoulda specified in the ad that they came in cool wooden boxes :(

Maaaannnn...WW...you almost had me goin there......from one electrical wiring guy to another!!!!:whip:

(cant say one electricion to another... I dont have that piece of paper that says that I am!!)

Originally posted by Reel 2 Reel
Maaaannnn...WW...you almost had me goin there......from one electrical wiring guy to another!!!!:whip:

(cant say one electrician to another... I don't have that piece of paper that says that I am!!)

Are you in an apprenticeship now? I graduated back in the mid 80's. Then went on to get my contractor's license in '95.

Originally posted by WildWest
Are you in an apprenticeship now?

No..just doin it fer a livin...but with over 10,000 hours I could test..but never did comercial work...just residential......

Thanks for the kind words, WildWest! And if you're happy, I'm happy. :)

Originally posted by THOR
:eek: I didn't know they came in cool wooden boxes! :mad: Damm I woulda bought one for the tube amp I'm getting from Rob!! You shoulda specified in the ad that they came in cool wooden boxes :(

Well, those Final Labs SPEED 0202 interconnects that I've got up for sale (click here to see my ad) come in the same cool wooden boxes. So, how about it, THOR? ;)

Ouchies too rich for my blood weren't the power cables much more reasonably priced and they are even bigger and thicker with more cable and must use a bigger wooden box :naughty:

Hmmm...Brian, maybe try it like this.

Thor, you can buy this beautiful furniture grade wooden enclosure for less than you may think. Contact BrainB regarding the price. You can see a picture of the enclosure Brain has for sale pictured below. Oh yeah, a very nice set of interconnects is included, to demonstrate just how well the enclosure works.

;) take care

Damn R2R, that's about when I stopped drinking that!

Had something to do with a spaghetti dinner, an all night card party, a broken aquarium and a wet carpet.

Found some fishies and toilet paper in a bucket too.

Now even the smell of it makes me ill.

It's on the same list as Tequila, for similar reasons

Oh it's those little tiny bottles, of course if they were fifths you wouldn't be able to resist ;) :p:

Back
Top Bottom