Opinions on Aiwa 8300, Aiwa in general?

oreks

This will be my first post here, although I've lurked for a while. I'm in currently hunting for a good integrated amplifier. And one I've found at a very reasonable price is an Aiwa 8300. Thing is, I know nothing about Aiwa's reputation, or where the 8300 is on the spectrum of quality. I'm not looking for the highest of fi, I'll be happy if it's a solid piece of equipment that gets the job done well. If it's known to be untrustworthy, I'd be grateful for any suggestions or such. Any knowledge on this subject will be welcome.

all i know about aiwa it is very good gear .. i have an old ghetto blaster that i used for years with no problems . needs new belts now but what doesn't at such an age .. that thing is tightly packed with stacked circuit boards . they knew how to build stuff back in the silver age .. have also had other aiwa gear that i dont have a bad word for .

all i know about aiwa it is very good gear .. i have an old ghetto blaster that i used for years with no problems . needs new belts now but what doesn't at such an age .. that thing is tightly packed with stacked circuit boards . they knew how to build stuff back in the silver age .. have also had other aiwa gear that i dont have a bad word for .

Thanks, it's good to know Aiwa made solid stuff.

I've picked up some beautiful Aiwa gear over the years.
Several receivers 7500 and 7600 , the 7600 was a beautiful and well built unit.
I have an Aiwa tape deck down stairs that looks and weighs like a studio unit.
I loaned a mate an amp 8600.?? 75/80 watt
Again a well built and solid unit

Some of their later cassette decks were very good. Odd aesthetics seem to have been an Aiwa hallmark, though.

Aiwa made some decent equipment. They were eventually bought out by Sony. After that, some of their equipment was rebadged Sony models, but not all of it. This looks to be pre-Sony. I found a picture on the net. Looks like it has separate power supplies for each channel! Very nice.
AIWA_AA_8300_innen_1.jpg

I have an AIWA NSX-D7 mini-system which I'm very fond of. The CD player has long since given up the ghost, but the pre-amp/equalizer, amp & tuner are going strong. I'm told this is a Sony construction but that's about all I can find out.
Of course I've also replaced the Aiwa speakers with some Martin Logan Motion series, but this thing has power to burn. The equalizer has some bizarre proprietary shaping functions but is also 8 bands.

I have an Aiwa preamp that I use to this day, and I have no complaints. The power amp that matched it once powered my Vandersteen's.

Back
Top Bottom