Opinions on current USA vinyl pressing plants?

mg196

Johnny Thunders - LAMF
Which American plant/factories right now are putting out the highest quality vinyl pressings?

Of course, I have read countless opinions online about United Record Pressing's subpar work, but I'm hoping people can give me some takes on who is leading the charge!

American pressings plants are making as many records as possible which degrades quality. That’s why I look to British or German pressings plants. They have a larger selection of vinyl that is not remastered...

American pressings plants are making as many records as possible which degrades quality. That’s why I look to British or German pressings plants. They have a larger selection of vinyl that is not remastered...

Cycle time, press temperature and cleanliness are almost all controlled by PLCs today. American pressings are very good. In fact. I've bought some EU stuff that is of poor quality (pop-corn (over-heated stampers)) and scratches.

Cycle time, press temperature and cleanliness are almost all controlled by PLCs today. American pressings are very good. In fact. I've bought some EU stuff that is of poor quality (pop-corn (over-heated stampers)) and scratches.

I’ve never had any problems with Juno Records or Parlophone....

And the sonics and definition of the recordings are much better !!!

Plus, fewer remastered releases...

Even Friday Music is pretty good stuff. A couple of bad ones in the bunch but overall, I give them an A- or B+. Of course there is Analog Productions and MOFI, Capitol and the rest of the big guns, but like some IPA beers, there are small US labels that are putting out great stuff.

Back
Top Bottom