opinions on Tivoli audio CD player?

rmunson

Hi Folks,
I'm looking for a good single disc cd to use with my recently acquired Pioneer sx-727.

Just from a aesthetic standpoint I have been attracted to the Tivoli Audio CD player that is designed for the Tivoli Audio table top radio.

I'm attracted to it because of the walnut cabinet -- I think it would compliment my Pioneer nicely.

Has anyone had any experience with this cd player? Does it sound as good as it looks?

Thanks for any insights or recommendations of other single disc cd players.
Ideally it would be something with a wood case - to stay in keeping with my Pioneer.
Reed in Minneapolis

Actually the CDP is made of Cherry. I tried three of them, although they had pretty good audio and a handy remote with volume, every single one of them developed glitches with one week and would either skip, fail to read the TOC or actually grind the lens into the disc! :worried: I wanted so bad for it to work too (still do).

I looked at the Tivoli cd player earlier this week as I also thought it would be a nice match for a vintage system. I have the model one radio at work and it is a great unit for listening to music at your desk. The radio is of good quality and quite reasonably priced.

I did not get the same sense of quality and value from the Tivoli cd player (which, by the way, I don't believe Henry Kloss had any part in designing). I really wanted to be taken in by it because I like the simple style of the tivoli products but I just couldn't see spending over $300 CDN on it. My audition was short so hopefully my first impression was wrong because I really do want to like this player.
Mike O

In the reviews on Amazon I've read about glitches with the CD player -- they claim they've addressed the problem and have it fixed -- or at least have been very responsive to complaints....

For those of you who have heard the Tivoli - would you say it had good sound? Or was it shallow -- similar to a cheap portable?

I'm thinking about rolling the dice, buying one at my local Best Buy and bringing it back the instant it gives me any problems....

Back
Top Bottom