oppo 980H cd

Discussion in 'Digital Sources' started by may29901, Sep 7, 2017.

1. may29901

may29901 Active Member

I use this for CD music. Its all I have for now. It has a subwoofer out on the back ..I cant tell if its R/L or just one
    pin. I think its purple. But there is a green pin above it and it does not make it clear if you use both pins or just the bottom purple one.?? It looks like its just one pin connect.
    If I use the sub out on the Oppo and go to the subwoofer in and use just one of the channels. I guess thats ok?? Would you use R or L..??....
    Would you do it this way or wire directly to the speaker ins and outs with speaker wire..??My amp has only basic connections..no sub out..

2. N8Nagel

N8Nagel AK Subscriber Subscriber

this is a DVD player so it has multi-channel analog outputs. The sub out is for the "LFE" channel when playing DVDs. I'd get the manual from the Oppo site and read that (it's there, I can all but guarantee - I've found one for all three of the Oppo products I've had)

I would not use the sub out on the Oppo unless you are connecting it directly to a 2 channel (or multi channel) amp and using the Oppo to control volume, if you can even do that (you can on a BDP-103, I know for sure, not sure about the unit you're discussing.) What is the rest of your setup?

3. 1koolcat

1koolcat Meal time stare down. Subscriber

There's a product info/download page on the OPPO site including a link to a manual PDF file:

https://www.oppodigital.com/support/dv980h/dv980h_support.aspx

The output on the 980H for the subwoofer connection has to be wired to your surround receiver - it cannot be wired directly to the subwoofer (unless the subwoofer has a built-in amplifier).

4. may29901

may29901 Active Member

the sub is self powered... but would you still do a direct to speaker clips anyway??

5. N8Nagel

N8Nagel AK Subscriber Subscriber

What is the rest of your gear?