Oppo BDP-105 feet? Aftermarket parts sources?

N8Nagel

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
So I just acquired a very nice used Oppo BDP-105 to replace my 103. I just couldn't swing a 205.

Seller had it rack mounted in an amazing home theater setup. He demonstrated (longer than he needed to) I appreciated, and I left happy.

Difficulty: I realized only tonight when I went to put it in place of the 103 that apparently installing the rack mount kit necessitates removing the feet. Previous owner had items professionally installed and doesn't know where feet might be if they weren't in the original box (they weren't.)

I have reached out to Oppo who have been amazing in the past, but I don't know if they'll be able to hook me up this time as it appears that the carpet is all but rolled up. Does anyone know where they sourced those feet and where I might be able to buy some? Or suggest a decent alternative?

The seller did offer to give me the feet off his new 205 but I'd feel bad doing that.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I picked up a RX-V3000 with a missing footer. For less than the price of one replacement Yamaha footer, I picked up 4 metal footer-type replacement feet from China on eBay. Very happy with them. $8 I think?

Took 3 weeks for them to arrive but they look great, nice O-ring isolation bottom.

X2 on the China cheapies. They have a foil wrap that makes them look high end.

Nice little rubber O-pad on the bottom. I fill the thing with silicone to add some heft and dampening...glue 'em right on. It's better than a screw mount (sound wise).

DSC00508.JPG DSC00507.JPG

Well, false alarm. Even though they actually ran out of players altogether a few days ago, I got this in reply
cleardot.gif

"Nate,

We will be able to send you replacement feet for a small fee and shipping and handling. Please fill out and return the attached form so we may charge you for the replacement feet and the shipping to you.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
OPPO Digital, Inc."

I'm really gonna miss these guys, I have had to order small stuff from them twice before and they always come through for astonishingly cheap compared to other manufacturers.

So I sent over their "credit card authorization form" at 5:22 PM when I could get back to a place with a real PC and a scanner; they charged me $15 and I had a tracking number in my inbox at 6:46.

I am REALLY going to miss these guys.

So I sent over their "credit card authorization form" at 5:22 PM when I could get back to a place with a real PC and a scanner; they charged me $15 and I had a tracking number in my inbox at 6:46.

I am REALLY going to miss these guys.
Agree wholeheartedly. First rate customer service.

And then some.

I sent them an email a few months back about the drawer on my 83 sticking, and they said to send it to them and they'd fix it. When I mentioned I didn't really want to ship it across the border, and then back, they sent me the kit to fix it myself. For free.

So the feet showed up on Tuesday. Nothing really special, probably similar to the ones suggested above but hey, they were $15 shipped and now you can never tell that my 105 isn't 100% pristine and factory. So thus ends the saga. Probably the last time I'll ever order anything from Oppo Digital which makes me a little sad.

Back
Top Bottom