Oppo UDP205 update

Superampman

AK Member
Okay, CDPs ime have always been 'adequate', nothing to write home about. But what comes out of this thing is just beautiful. No edgy digital behavior here, just beautiful transparent analog sound with awesome resolution and dynamics. Thought I'd mention it.

Have you had a chance to evaluate the HP amp on the 205? Supposedly, it is improved over the one built in the 105D, which was a disappointment.

Definitely interested in the DAC section of the UDP-205 right now. Need to decide UDP-205 ($1299) or Sonica ($799), and UDP-203 ($549, $1348 total) later when UHD movies are more mainstream, and I've bought a display.

If you've used a BDP-103/105, have you made any A/B comparisons?
This replaces my 95. I didn't upgrade to the 105 because reviews and user feed back did not suggest a significant enough improvement. The 95 was 5 years old and the 205's internal/overall upgrades declared the move.

Have you had a chance to evaluate the HP amp on the 205? Supposedly, it is improved over the one built in the 105D, which was a disappointment.

Definitely interested in the DAC section of the UDP-205 right now. Need to decide UDP-205 ($1299) or Sonica ($799), and UDP-203 ($549, $1348 total) later when UHD movies are more mainstream, and I've bought a display.
I only have earbuds I rarely use with my laptop.

This is that rare piece of gear that you heard about and when you finally find one, you recognize it's everything it was made out to be so you cherish it.

This replaces my 95. I didn't upgrade to the 105 because reviews and user feed back did not suggest a significant enough improvement. The 95 was 5 years old and the 205's internal/overall upgrades declared the move.
Slightly different scenario here...I bought the BDP-83 when it first came out. Then when the 95 was released, it was too soon to upgrade, so I waited until the 105D came out, and bought that. I may skip the 205 and wait for the 2nd Gen UHD player to be released.

Like anything else from Oppo, the 205 appears to be a crowd-pleaser.

Back
Top Bottom