Optical Headphone Jack Cable Needed

Thrill Kille

I'd like to buy a Custom length Opt/Digi cable. To plug into the HP output of my MacBook Pro to my DAC. 3.5 mm Optical to USB-B. And 3.5 mm Optical to S/PDIF connectors. I'm just finishing up my new audio set up. A new stand for it all was built. So a custom length is needed. I'd like it to look nice too. Have quality connectors. And nice sheathing. Thanks...

Gear: MacBook Pro, Schiit Bifrost and Valhalla 2

3.5mm optical to toslink easy peasy. I use one to connect my AirPort Express to optical DAC, a couple of bucks on Monoprice. 3.5mm optical to usb I don’t think is doable. Hopefully someone will chime in and prove otherwise.

To the best of my knowledge it’s not possible to convert optical to usb. I tried to do something similar, I wanted to convert the 3.5mm mini optical out from my AirPort Express to usb in order to utilize a usb only dac. My copious use of Google said it’s not possible. Why do you need to convert optical to usb, your Mac has USB ports.

Those conversions can be made with some hardware, but none of those conversions will happen with just a cable.

The only simple cable type thing would be 3.5mm optical to Toslink optical. All the rest require more sophisticated hardware than just cable adapters.

3.5 mm to Toslink would be fine. As my Schiit BIFROST has a S/PIDF Input. I just want to have a custom cable made. With nice looking connectors and Sheathing.

Wouldn’t spend too much for an optical cable. If you want fancy sheathing, etc, go to someplace like Crutchfield and pick up something from Audioquest.

$3 max for optical cable, unless you go for the ones with tarnish-proof gold ferrules. Then they're $4...

Back
Top Bottom