Ordered some Chinese speakers out of curiosity

mjw21a

Ok, I ordered some Chinese speakers out of curiosity. A horn tweeter, 2x 10" drivers, 97db sensitivity and 50WRMS power handling made me curious as to how these things sound.

Kingprints W2-1000F apparently. If anyone's interested I'll post my impressions once I receive it.

After finding an incredible set of speakers in my Aurum Cantus F620 speakers I thought these might be worth the gamble. Great specs for lower powered (tube) gear and great WAF

68327958143335275.jpg
3138208881157763426.jpg
1859497444539083071.jpg

Yes, I'm interested to see how it works out Should have better bass response than my Dayton USA PS220-8 based speakers. If it can match them in other areas they will be special speakers indeed.

Really nice looking! Hope they sound as great as they look!
When you expect delivery?
Glenn

Not too sure. Shipping from China seems to either be extremely fast (inside 2 weeks) or super slow (over a month) with tracking that only shows anything once it passes customs. I hope sooner than later though you never know. I'm still awaiting my darTZeel NHB-108 copy too. I hate waiting. :(

Yup, that's the one :)

Well, as much as we can all worry about products from China, and there are plenty of items to worry about, labor in China is still very inexpensive and if used in a manner that helps the product the way of old, things from there could be very nice indeed. i would think hand crafted items like speaker cabinets could be fantastic if they also know what they are doing.

Well, as much as we can all worry about products from China, and there are plenty of items to worry about, labor in China is still very inexpensive and if used in a manner that helps the product the way of old, things from there could be very nice indeed. i would think hand crafted items like speaker cabinets could be fantastic if they also know what they are doing.

I'll report back my findings once it arrives. The seller provided a video of them in use if anyone wants a listen. Hard to tell anything when you don't know the music

See here: https://video-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v...=d0b6bf7fa6ac76a1ad0e1b46c9839657&oe=5B196F9B

Last edited:
Anyone notice the "Cannot Deliver to the United States" note? They do look very nice. Reminds me of the horns in our Sony studios. The description does lose a little in translation. I wonder if the "Air Hole" is tuned.

I read a review of a Chinese speaker a couple of years ago. This one was a clone of an earlier B&W design. Reviewer felt it fell short of the original B&W but overall found it to be a pretty good speaker. Who knows? Many brand name speakers are built there. And they can build a very nice cabinet. Comes down to the drivers, do they make an attempt to use quality drivers or throw in something that looks okay but is very cheaply made?

Makes me wonder if there are patent infringements.
Right?

A few years back a HDPE Pipe manufacturer here was wondering why their orders for pipe had decreased for golf projects in China. Their sales rep visited several golf projects there, witnessed their pipe stacked up in the construction yard for the project. Although it had all their markings on it, it wasn't anything they had made and delivered!

Back
Top Bottom