Ordered some Chinese speakers out of curiosity

Love the looks, but man that same money and patience on Craigslist can yield some excellent results of known speakers.

It would be interesting to see the drivers, crossover and cabinet internal views. I can understand some don't like to tear their brand new speakers apart...

I can see how the midrange is recessed, as it seems that you don't have a dedicated midrange driver. Bass and highs, it looks like its equipped to handle those frequencies. I love the cabinet; It has a rich appearance and it blends well with other wood veneers.

Those look pretty nice.
I think some people here are confusing "Chinese speakers", with "speakers made in China." I am assuming these Oatlon (or Kingprints?) speakers are the former. Designed and built in China by a Chinese company. I think that is quite different than some Pioneer or Insignia speakers that are made in China. You wouldn't say an iPhone was a Chinese phone, even though it was made there.
"Chinese speakers" generally have too much monosodium glutemate on them and are to be avoided. I get real thirsty when I listen to them and they get my tinnitus ringing like a bitch.

Why does the drawing of the horn have Russian text if they are Chinese? Did they copy a Russian speaker?

Once broken in these are quite spectacular. A surprisingly similar sound to the Aurum Cantus F620 speakers though with more bass when used with my Oldchen KT88-K3 tube amp. The mids have improved so it's no longer recessed sounding though very balanced top to bottom.

They're a very transparent speaker where they take on the sound of the components upstream of the speaker so it's taken me some time to get it spot on, right down to the right mix of RCA leads and speaker wire.

Frankly I've two different though extremely nice sounding systems at this point. When I listen to one I think it's better than the other, until I use the other and think it's better. I'm actually down to selling off unused gear hidden around the house rather than planning future upgrades so hopefully I'm cured and can just enjoy each system :)

As others have said - are you able to post some pics of the xover at some stage? Would be nice to see the type of caps they have used in there

As others have said - are you able to post some pics of the xover at some stage? Would be nice to see the type of caps they have used in there

Mmm, I'm not too keen on opening it up unless I experience issues with it.... Don't want to risk intrucing buzzes from vibration etc. They're flawless as they are.

LMAO!! Not!

Trying to be done with it apart from recaps etc. Unless I come into some extra $.... Then I'd have a Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL Preamp on the way to replace the MZ2 in my main system ;)

If each woofer used has a nominal 8 ohm value ( & assuming the 2 woofers have reasonable bass extension and aren't just all midrange ) then this speakers net efficiency can't be any more than 95db ( fwiw ) .

Still,, 93 to 95db for a smaller tower type speaker is pretty good.

:)

Back
Top Bottom