Original owner La Scalas on CL (Central Valley, CA)

Beautiful speakers. Great collectible example from the first owner, who apparently cherish them.
I see beaten down La Scalas too often, with scars and nicks all over, and very often in ugly black & grayish color.

I love unfinished plywood Klipsch with Goldish / Amber cast.

I just not sure if they turn goldish because of age? Or because they were lightly stained in some point of time?

I attached photos of these beauties from Craigslist post.

La Scala_a.jpg La Scala_b.jpg La Scala_c.jpg

I bought a pair of pristine Khorns about 70 miles from there awhile back for $1000.00.

$3K might be a bit high for those.

$3k vs. the price of new doesn't seem too bad to me. Not that Id EVER sell my 'ugly' black Lascalas but I wouldn't even consider $3K. But, in all honesty, the only thing left to my Lascalas would be the original woofers. Everything else has been changed/modified.

I kinda like the fact that they are all original too. ..Not big on all this modifying that goes on as I'm not convinced the speakers are being improved. If I were in the market for used Heritage Klipsch's, I definitely would be partial to units that haven't been tinkered with.

I kinda like the fact that they are all original too. ..Not big on all this modifying that goes on as I'm not convinced the speakers are being improved. If I were in the market for used Heritage Klipsch's, I definitely would be partial to units that haven't been tinkered with.
Listen to a pair of La Scala that have original 35 year old caps in the crossovers, and then listen to a pair with good quality caps, and you will be convinced.

Back
Top Bottom